Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
755 Posts

here we go, i need to find someone with a welder to weld the joints again cause they are cracking and the rack has a little give.

· Lifetime Member
477 Posts
I'm guessing the 100 lbs of log chain on the rack doesn't have anything to do with the welds Cracking?!?!?!, would be bad for that to break your back window. Do you have any kind of guard on your y pipe, when hot they can get crushed pretty easy, I know...

· Kansas Cummins Crew
754 Posts

· Registered
755 Posts
I'm guessing the 100 lbs of log chain on the rack doesn't have anything to do with the welds Cracking?!?!?!, would be bad for that to break your back window. Do you have any kind of guard on your y pipe, when hot they can get crushed pretty easy, I know...
true true its more like 50 lbs :lol4:

ive got my y pipe covered with a shelf i made one night cause i was tired of melting stuff to it.

· Registered
755 Posts
that is soooo sick, i love it, its one of a kind.:headbang:

im sure you could do well in selling those for some people

· Registered
4,266 Posts
if the back rack is cracking with the chain, how well is it going to protect my backwindow?

· Registered
1,649 Posts
heres the one on our 5500

· Horse Power JUNKIE
1,656 Posts

here we go, i need to find someone with a welder to weld the joints again cause they are cracking and the rack has a little give.

You know.... you should hire me as your personal mechanic!! Once I get Steve's airdog and stuff done we can get those welded up.

· Registered
755 Posts
So far, most choke on the price custom brings.....
haha i'll bet, im scared to ask cause im sure the labor would be quite a bit, plus its cool that you and your friend have one of a kind headache racks that nobody has.

You know.... you should hire me as your personal mechanic!! Once I get Steve's airdog and stuff done we can get those welded up.
hahaha sweet dude, whats your hourly rate at?:hehe:

· Lifetime Member
477 Posts

ive got my y pipe covered with a shelf i made one night cause i was tired of melting stuff to it.

I like that shelf, I was thinking about making one similar out of diamond plate, but that prolly is stronger :headbang: :truck:

· Registered
512 Posts

how hot do those Y pipes get. I want to put stacks on my 91 and am thinking about transforming an aluminum diamond plate tool box into an aux fuel tank (and when I say fuel I mean WVO). I plan on cutting it so it slides right over the Y pipe and around the stacks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.