Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1641 - 1650 of 1650 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Where did you get the clear 3/4? I can get red and Amber lense at work for 3 bucks apiece but the 01 has clear cab lights so I'd like to match em

Getting the crew cab decked out

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I used to have clear on the front of mine. Wound up goin smoked lenses after awhile... The clear eventually starts to yellow and when you change one light it looks like crap... I know from experience being I had 102 LEDs on my 99 dually... Everything on the back stayed red, sides were all amber and the front was smoked... I had 3/4" wide lights down the pinch weld so you really didn't notice them much until they were turned on.. Btw, that's 102 counting each light on the outside of my truck, and I had everything led on it. Including dash lights and lights in my CB.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Where did you get the clear 3/4? I can get red and Amber lense at work for 3 bucks apiece but the 01 has clear cab lights so I'd like to match em

You should be able to find them at any truck parts store.

·
Registered
80 Posts

Search online for R&P Carriages, Thats where I purchased my first order from. From the time I placed my order they were on my porch 2 days later. They are an outstanding company to work with. :party018: Prices are just a bit higher than your larger online stores but personally i like to support the little places that sell better products anyway!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Search online for R&P Carriages, Thats where I purchased my first order from. From the time I placed my order they were on my porch 2 days later. They are an outstanding company to work with. :party018: Prices are just a bit higher than your larger online stores but personally i like to support the little places that sell better products anyway!!

I agree with this. I have ordered over 200 of the 3/4" clear lights from them and have had excellent service and speedy shipping. If you buy in the 10 pack they run about $53. After my first 50 I was looking for more and saw cheaper ones but after much contemplating I decided to get what I know works. Those lights were on every time the truck was and never had a failed one yet. They are bright especially if you get the $53 dollar ones as they have 3 diodes in them while most only have one. As long as they are in business I will buy from them.

As a reference a similar light is available at my auto parts stores around here but not clear and they want $7-8 a light and they are only 1 or 2 diode leds.

·
Registered
227 Posts

Not 100% wired in but had to take a picture!

·
Registered
325 Posts

Reactions: jcmoyer2004

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this threads been dead awhile, but if any of you are still here, I've got a question. Just wondering how everyones wiring their lights? I was thinking of using a three way switch so I could have them either: come on automatically with the parking lights, stay off, or come on regardless off what other lights are on. The wiring I can figure out, but I'm planning on having a lot of switches for various work lights, winch, etc., so I'm trying to condense that. What I'm really trying to figure out is if it will be worth it to have them wired to a switch. Who has their lights just tied into the parking lights, on a switch you flip every time, or anything else? And how do you like it? Would you prefer being able to turn them off, not have to worry about it, or whatever?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not so much the chicken lights, but I had my LED light bar wired in so it would come on if:
the switch was ON,
the park lights were ON
and the low beams were OFF.

I couldn't use the high beam circuit directly because it's pulse width modulated for the daytime running lights. My method worked for a while but started to blow fuses if I left the LED on too long. I recently re did it to a simple switch with a relay, but the power to the relay comes from the park light circuit. I left that part in place because the park lights will shut themselves off eventually and therefore I can't accidentally leave the LED on and kill the battery. That something you may want to consider if you have them work independent of your park lights.

My extra marker lights are wired to also blink with turn signal (link in my signature for details) but otherwise they are on with the park lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds similar to what I did on my last truck. I used two relays when wiring my aux lights so that I could flip them on and they would work all the time, but then the low beams would open one of the relays to turn the lights off automatically.

I've thought about doing the blinker thing with some of my lights when I add them, but that would mean more wiring as I don't want to do all of them that way. I guess I'll decide when I actually get around to adding them.

1641 - 1650 of 1650 Posts