Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys im in need of some mud flaps bad. Too many rock chips. I dont know what will look good on my truck so lets see some pictures of mud flaps. Even stock mud flaps beucase that is probably what I will go with. Thanks Dustin

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think Cummins has some. I need some too, the MT's hold some chunks in the teeth and spit em' at traffic. my rockers have carnage to boot. SRW little flaps or you want big Colorado style? either way I got to protect the truck and the poor bastards near by. I like the "factory" slims that wont get in your way,unless you are towing 10k over gvwr ! or the biggens! bring the duallie flaps! lets see em!

·
08 Cummins
2,244 Posts
Here's a picture of mine. I originally bought some Duraflaps but they were chafing throught the paint on my new $40K truck so I pulled them off and made rubbers ones. These were made from 24x36x1/4 semi mudflaps using the Duraflaps as a base template and then customizing them until I got what I wanted. The rears are 14 3/4" wide (just a little wide than the rear wheel well liners) and the fronts are 20" wide (the width of the front inner wheel wells). They seem to do a really good job at keeping a lot of stuff off the sides of the truck. I had similar ones on my Chevy before this and I was very happy with how well they performed. I would like to add a little weight to the bottoms to help with sail but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Anyone else?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump... Bump...

·
Diesel-less
4,259 Posts
I'm interested in maybe getting some flaps also... so bump.

·
Diesel-less
4,259 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
Guess I should get you a pic of the front flaps then. :lol3:

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
324 Posts
dont have a pic but i got some off a semi and just notched them..and fabbed up a braket to mount to the side off the frame rails..added some stainless weights to the bottom and polished em up and they look just as good duraflap but only cost me 30 bucks in all..lot cheaper than 110

·
Registered
43 Posts
NAPA has a great selection of mud flaps in all sizes. They will probably have to order them, but they are real good quality rubber flaps.

·
Registered
325 Posts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts