Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 3571 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
That's a nice color I gotta do mine sometime n think I wanna go with something like that or more of a candy apple red.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have a question. how do u change the rear tires?
That's a little bit of a project but not the worst. I have to put the frame up on jack stands and unbolt the rear spring perch then lower the rear out until the tires clear.

·
Registered
30 Posts
matt stunt -

so you just moved the leaf
springs under the axle, and
thats it ? anything you had
to do to the driveshaft, or
anything else to lower the
bed that way ?

Yeah that's it. Just relocate the axle perches to the bottom of the axle so the top of the leafs can ride below the axle. How much it will drop your truck will vary and Depends how thick your actual leaf springs are. Other than that you may have to move the brake lines and my driveshaft is fine without any modifying.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
884 Posts
i wanted that tire size so bad but i so dont want stupid mud terrain tires i love that size

·
Registered
21 Posts
The KM2's on the truck are real quiet on the street and judging by your signature and picture you plow. these tires even big and wide cut snow like no ones business. I don't like big mud tires either but these are an exception.

·
Registered
884 Posts
good to know!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I bet if you throw a 12 valve in that 66, you might very well be the only one around. What a unique combo that would make. It is great like it is. Just an idea in case you get to feeling creative :)

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
It has a 400 sb, ac, ps, pb, my wife drove it to collage several years ago.

she said tolk about gettin looks when she would park over by the automotive building.

Dar

·
Registered
374 Posts
hey darwin cant help but notice the body lines on the bed being lower than the cab whats up there? cool old truck though my buddy has i think 67 hes been working on ive helped him do some work. had inline 6 in it with 3 on tree and swaped in a 350 with auto tranny

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
hey darwin cant help but notice the body lines on the bed being lower than the cab whats up there? cool old truck though my buddy has i think 67 hes been working on ive helped him do some work. had inline 6 in it with 3 on tree and swaped in a 350 with auto tranny

the piece of rubber that goes between the bed and bed mount is gone...i really need to replace it i guess.

i really don't work on some of the old stuff right now with the cummins fever and tryin to keep up with farm chores + 40 hrs a week job.

Dar

·
Registered
374 Posts
yea i hear ya getting to work on a cummins all your time begins to revolve around it. my buddys truck the whole bed floor was rotten so i took it all out and cut some plywood for it for temporary. not much holding the bed together now lol

1001 - 1020 of 3571 Posts