Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have been lurking a little while and thought it was about time to hop on and start picking brains. Any help will be greatly appreciated. We have an 06 SLT 5.9 longbed that we use to haul our 10,000 lb fifth wheel and an occasional boat now and then. I have not made any upgrade to the truck but after doing some searching on hear it's time. So what I have is a stock rig w/22k on it that I would like to make a stronger tower and perhaps grab a few extra mpg's. I don't want to get to carried away but I guess just posting this has led me across to the dark side. Originally I was looking at the Bank's Power Pack but after doing some searching on hear it seems there might be better ways to go. Be gentle on this newb.
Thank's in Scott.

·
Registered
205 Posts
To start off with definatly get a cold air intake, and then decided betweena tuner, and a chip, I would say tuner, If you dont want to go all out, or a get a 60 horse pulling chip.

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
Afe intake, 5" exhaust, Edge Juice w/attitude...Just my .02

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
fill out your sig too! is it an auto or manual? if its an auto do some trans upgrades, if it's a manual get a better clutch, sb etc. the edge juice w/ attitude will help alot and will give you all your guages, fuel psi boost egt. and deffinatly an exhaust and maybe an intake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Which AFE intake and why that model, Stage 1, Stage 2? I see they have a few different models. Also is there an exhaust brand that stands out among the rest. So after intake, exhaust and tuner where do you go? Intercooler?

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
go with trans upgrades! if you want too keep your rig moving down the road. amsoil has great filters too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks to those of you that offered suggestions. After talking with some local shops I believe I'm going to go this route initially
ATS TC, upgraded valve body and an ATS pan. AFE Blade Runner manifold, AFE Stage 2 Mega-Cannon, Edge Juice w/tude, Pacbrake, and then I'm thinking 4" turboback for exhaust but I really(my wife) would prefer something that is going to be on the quieter side. Can anybody chime in with some words of wisdom based on what I have going on so far.
Thanks in advance. Scott.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Well the 2006 has 4" turbo back exhaust, so no need to go with the full exhaust I just did the muffler delete still quiet enough for the wife but has great sound. I realy want the edge juice w attitude.

·
Registered
508 Posts
You could also go with Aero 4040XL as a replacement muffler, and it won't drone at high speeds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On the exhaust I guess what I meant was to get rid of the factory job and go with something w/ a little better flow. Does anyone have any thoughts on going 5"?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Your exhaust is already 4" for the money side of it, I would just put a straight pipe in where the muffler is. it is alot cheaper than a entire new 5" system.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
On the exhaust I guess what I meant was to get rid of the factory job and go with something w/ a little better flow. Does anyone have any thoughts on going 5"?
5" is great but you need some added fuel going into the engine. Now one thing if your warranty is a concern to you than I would check with local dodge dealerships when it comes to mods. They are not fans of any kind of fuel mods. But they are usually good with gauges, intakes, cat-back exhausts and additional filtration.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey everyone, I have been lurking a little while and thought it was about time to hop on and start picking brains. Any help will be greatly appreciated. We have an 06 SLT 5.9 longbed that we use to haul our 10,000 lb fifth wheel and an occasional boat now and then. I have not made any upgrade to the truck but after doing some searching on hear it's time. So what I have is a stock rig w/22k on it that I would like to make a stronger tower and perhaps grab a few extra mpg's. I don't want to get to carried away but I guess just posting this has led me across to the dark side. Originally I was looking at the Bank's Power Pack but after doing some searching on hear it seems there might be better ways to go. Be gentle on this newb.
Thank's in Scott.
I would say a High Flow exhaust Turbo Back,Intake,Smarty Jr., Gauges Pyro ,Boost,Maybe Clutch Depending on your right foot.Aloha Ron

1 - 16 of 16 Posts