Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Canada have any experience trying to get a new truck because you had a lemon.

I am getting 10mpg city (hand calc) with my 2000lbs camper on the back and that's with the MP8 set to high. I have hand calculation for 5000km now and got as high as 15mpg hwy but that's steadily going down :(

I want to pull the MP8 and my add-ons then and return this POS truck to the dealer to get a replacement preferably a refund.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
You live in Canada, so just replace all the emission stuff by deleteing it. :thumbsup

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You live in Canada, so just replace all the emission stuff by deleteing it. :thumbsup
That's a great idea but I still will have a truck that has a problem ... just no emissions stuff and no warranty anymore.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Did you get the G80 update done on your truck? My truck is still not performing as well on fuel as some of the other 6.7s here on the forum. I am going to book it for a couple of specific changes (at the place you mentioned) and I will let you know if it helps the fuel economy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I get 15 MPG on average with my '06 3500 with 70K Km's

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
You are going to try and lemon law a truck for bad fuel mileage?

·
Registered
55 Posts
With DPF & EGR Deleted +MP8 & Edge I am up to 16+ MPG city.
Don;t give up on a great truck, you just have to finish the engineering for DC.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you get the G80 update done on your truck?
Do you mean the G30? I didn't know a G80 existed ... My was delivered with the G30 update already.

I am going to book it for a couple of specific changes (at the place you mentioned) and I will let you know if it helps the fuel economy.
I'd like to here about the specific updates and your results.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are going to try and lemon law a truck for bad fuel mileage?

Well I don't belevie there is a lemon law in canada so I can't do that. I am going to get this thing fixed and wondered if anyone had any experience.

Just today I was informed by my brother-in-laws cousin that the diesel tech at his shop want to see this truck because there has to be something wrong with it. He has been working on diesels for 10+years and numerous 6.7 and hasn't see fuel milage as low as mine yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With DPF & EGR Deleted +MP8 & Edge I am up to 16+ MPG city.
Don;t give up on a great truck, you just have to finish the engineering for DC.
11mpg hwy with the camper :steam:

Here is my real dilema, do I spend the cash upgrading with all the aftermarket stuff (DPF Delete, EGR Delete, Programmer, Exhaust) to get a mid teen mpg truck ... or ... trade it on a Liberty and enjoy life instead of a huge truck payment and fuel bill. Right now it's looking like I will take less of a hit to the pocket book by trading this in for another vehicle. Of course I haven't decided yet ... I want to try to exhaust all avenues through Chrysler becasue it's nice to have the truck for hauling the camper and quads

·
Registered
145 Posts
I get 12 mpg empty around town, 16 mpg on the highway, if I baby it, and 9 mpg towing. My 5er is 12k lbs, this truck gets the mpg of a gasser, but it only costs .90 cents per gallon more to fill it up. So, where is the benefit? Let's not forget about the additional purchase price. I am fed up too, numerous CEL's, throttle control lights, I am going to start a lemon case, enough is enough.

I must say that when it does run well, it is great, but everything else ruins it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts