Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for anyone who works for chrysler/dodge the higher up the better, but at this point I will take anyones help possible.

Long story short, ive been battling my city/state in regards to my trucks bumper height. They say because my lift is to big my truck isn't street legal. The law states the bumper height restrictions only apply to trucks with a unmodifed weight of 7000 lbs or less. There are no laws for trucks weighing over 7000 lbs. According to dodges website the base weight of my truck is over 7000 lbs, but apprently thats NOT good enough for the states attoreny! When I goto www.dodge.com/bodybuilder and find my truck 2007 dodge ram 2500 mega cab laramie 4X4 with auto trans it lists it over 7000 (7138 I think). Which should mean im legal, but they are being pricks about it. So im hoping that someone here that works for dodge can give me a letter with offical letter head or something that states the vehicle weight. Im going to ask my local dealer if thats possible to get but I thought I would ask the fine fellows here. FYI the law states it cannot exceed 27 inches, at ride height its 32.... when I drop it down its probably 27/28 but I didn't get to lower the truck.

·
Premium Member
7,010 Posts
Why not just go to a local certified truck weigh scale and get the certified printout?

Reactions: jake17201

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that as well.... but it has to be unmodified from the factory weight. The weigh scale ticket showed my truck weighing 8080 with a 1/4 tank.

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did that as well.... but it has to be unmodified from the factory weight. The weigh scale ticket showed my truck weighing 8080 with a 1/4 tank.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I thought the door jam sticker stated the trucks empty or dry weight.

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the door jam sticker stated the trucks empty or dry weight.
Nope just gross vehicle weight. Im going to ask my service advisor if they can provide me a letter head stating it so i can get past this. I dont even know why they care... if they are concerned for peoples safety then why do not school buses have seat belts.

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
North dakota

Whoops double post. Anyways I went to court over this with the city and state and both times they dismissed it. But now they think they have new evidence that proves otherwise so they want to try again.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
isnt there any think like "double jeperdy", i know thats for murder. But how many times can they summons you to court over the same issue. Ohios bumper height goes by weight, but a truck also doesnt need a rear bumper in ohio

·
Premium Member
7,010 Posts
LOL, there is no double jeopardy with equipment or traffic violations....

Fix the problem or keep getting citations

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
How bright are they. Can you just pull in to court, drop the bags and throw a fit about how much money you spent putting it back down?

Thats what i'd do and as your gettin pulled over slowly let her down. I had my camaro on bags and ride height was a hair above stock height to save my exhaust anytime i got pulled over i'd put her on the ground just to mess with em:stirpot:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts