Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, was wondering if anyone has put and led taillights on their trucks yet??!! Thinkin about gettin some but cant find any that fit an 08. Thought that some LED's for an 06 or 07 or whatever would fit maybe but then i looked and saw that the 08's have 2 bulbs and the 03's to 07's have 3 bulbs, so i dont know. anyone with any info?????

·
Registered
717 Posts
Have you checked Ebay? I know, stupid question.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i have but there wasnt any for the 08's

·
Registered
343 Posts
recon sells them with a conversion kit

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,432 Posts
Yeah, recon does, but I am in the same predicament. I wanted to get some, but you have to convert to the lights that are like the old ones, and cant keep the new style.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For my 97 Im thinking about just getting replacement bulbs for my tail lights. SUPER BRIGHT LEDS home has the led replacements for a few bucks a piece. Not sure if thats what you were thinking.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i didnt see any adapters on the recon site

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
the third gen trucks run each bulb through a seperate circuit and monitor the current to the bulb if you try to use a led in place of the bulb you will get a light out fault. the led dealers sell a load resistor to simulate the load . the bulbs not monitored that you can direct change are the two orange marker 194 bulbs in the front 5 on the roof 2 on the license plate 4 on dually fenders and i think it is 4 on tailgate

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I had to have a box installed my LED's with my flatbed but they look great

Chris

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
nice looking bed

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
geeze all that work sounds like alot... why dont they just develop a new set for the 08's?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I cut the plugs and the 3 bulb connector out of an 03 and put it on my 08 so my new lenses fit. I just took the one wire from the park/blinker light on the 08 and split it into two wires to plug into the 03 harness. Everything works great.
However, I took my 08 lenses and installed them on the 03 that we were selling. The 03 keeps telling my I have a burned out bulb when I hit the brakes or put on the blinker. This is because I spliced the 03 wires into one 08 bulb.
So.. you can put 03 lights on an 08 no problem, but 08 cant' go on an 03 as easily.
Garry

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just ordered some VHT nightshades spray on taillight tint... will do it within the next week and show some pics of the smoked out 08 taillights and 3rd brake light, pretty stoked

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have the Recon Smoked installed in my 08 w 3rd brakelight as well. 3rd brakelight is plug and play but the Tail lamps do not. Recon does supply you the mopar part numbers for the gromits (they still use the smaller ones)and the factory pack which includes shrink tubing with weather seal ,wires and correct connector to match up with Recon lamps .The 08 harness has three wires ,where Recons has four this is where the splicing comes in .The download on there site is from someone that used aplastic bag to weatherproof his work lol....I suggest just cutting the wires and splicing .

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
totally off subject but i seen that mez had some gator seats and i was wondering if he could post some pics of them.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol yes i have a gator in my truck... just in a different shape than wat your used to seein in Louisiana ha ha. ill take some pics within the next week or so, cameras bein used by the lady at the moment, we'll see if i can steal it back lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
can someone tell me what ohm's resistors i need for the led lights in a flatbed? it's an 03 ctd. i called bradford built they say 6 ohm's wired inline with the grounds. is that correct?
thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts