Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Did they say why these won't work? I would think they would work with resistors.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Did they say why these won't work? I would think they would work with resistors.
Yeah that’s weird, at 60 bucks might as well get a set

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
You can always email the retro shop and ask if they know anything about installing these. They do a lot of dodge/ram builds.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Found those same bulbs on Amazon for $27 and can probably be found cheaper on eBay.

Anyway, the reviews on Amazon has Dodge owners using resistors and running them with no issues.

Reactions: jeepvin

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I've not found any LED's for low beam headlights (on the truck or my wife's car or my plow lights) that are worth a crap. Also some that sorta do work aren't right for the housing and shine up and blind oncoming cars. Most are very dim.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The 3157 bulbs with the resistors looks pretty pretty good and have pretty good function, I’ve got HID low beams and high beams so with new housings it is all good!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I believe the issue is the deflector inside the headlight housing. I've got some switchbacks for my headlights and they wouldn't fit with that deflector inside.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts