Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve searched the forum with no luck, I want to do a led conversion on my headlights high/low beams and I want to do the running lights and turn signals as well.
My issue is I can’t find any reputable places to get them.
Opt7 no longer has them.
It’s an 2006 as well

·
Registered
336 Posts
Check out "the hid factory ". Top notch

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out "the hid factory ". Top notch

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Yeah the issue I’m running into is a can’t find the set of the running lights/blinker and I really want white leds, a buddy has a set and it’s really clean

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Opt7 is garbage just like almost every other LED you find on Amazon and Ebay. Not only that, they do not put the R&D into them so they do not work well in a reflector housing. @Diode Dynamics makes quality products and i would contact them.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I've got LED lights all around, except for my headlights (Retrofitting some Morimoto LED projectors). I've got GTR Lighting LEDs from Headlight Revolution, things are freaking bright!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't by eBay. Led headlights,say there high low beam and there not. They go on and the high beam switch don't make any change. Always same regular brightness. Hard to see at night. I also bought the 3157 Amber led marker lights. There awsome looking,bright but makes my blinkers rapid fast and they don't blink. They look like a weak strobe. So defin do research on good quality that people have had good results out of.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent an email to diode Dynamics about a set of switch backs and their led bulbs are highly rated, might go that route

·
Registered
727 Posts
...I also bought the 3157 Amber led marker lights. There awsome looking,bright but makes my blinkers rapid fast and they don't blink. They look like a weak strobe. So defin do research on good quality that people have had good results out of.
You either need to wire in resistors or get CAN compatible bulbs. I'm running CAN bulbs and they're 100% plug and play and operate just like stock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good luck with LED headlights. I gave up on them. Straight garbage on the several brands I tried. Best over done so far is Depo CAPA housings and silver star ultras.

I’m debating on maybe doing retro shop HIDprojectors. The guy there didn’t like the mirimoto mleds, so I guess those are out also.

I wished morimoto would make a complete LED headlight replacement. That would be so damn nice.... but they don’t.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Diode Dynamics makes quality products and i would contact them.
Funny you say that, because on another car I have we found all their lights were just from china as we were able to acquire 100% identical units. Seems like they make the specialty lights but not the typical light sizes. For the switchbacks I could buy 5 sets from china for what it cost to buy one set from them.

They are careful to say they manufacture many of the lights here. That is a very vague and subjective statement :).

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Funny you say that, because on another car I have we found all their lights were just from china as we were able to acquire 100% identical units. Seems like they make the specialty lights but not the typical light sizes. For the switchbacks I could buy 5 sets from china for what it cost to buy one set from them.

They are careful to say they manufacture many of the lights here. That is a very vague and subjective statement :).
I don't know about all their products, but they do have products they manufacture in the US. Like their SS3 pro fog lights they make here and they are awesome. I'll be buying some one day.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've used VLEDs which is a local shop here in PNW and they have been very good, My fog lights which i got from them one went out after a couple years and they replaced both of them with the newest style free of charge. I also have diode dynamic switch backs and couldn't be happier with them, just like velds they are very responsive and helpful.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Retroshop makes some top notch headlights that can be customized in any way youd like. Going on two years of mine and they work great, and are way brighter than stock.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
The only down side i see to the retro shop is that you don't have the option to select the G5-R projectors. They perform very similar to the mini D2S, but cost $25 less. They also don't say who's bulbs their using and don't give options for other ballasts. Hylux have been known for being good ballasts, but i prefer NHK due to the balance of price and performance.

I'm also anti morimoto.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Switchbacks for your blinkers?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
What style of bulb does it take?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts