Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a lockup switch installed on my '96. I bought an LED toggle switch to help me remember when the lockup switch is on or off. The question I have is where or how to I get power to the switch. The instructions say it can either come from the battery or fuse panel. I would rather not run a wire to the battery just to power the toggle switch. How do you get power to the switch from the fuse panel in the cab???

·
Registered
71 Posts
led/lockup

Hey man, I went to google and typed in TC lockup switch and found some diagrams on how to wire that led up. I used the 12 v from the transmission lock up control wire. I mounted a led next to my tranny temp gauge. Pretty cool, but that light will light up when you flip the switch or when the transmission ecu locks the converter. Basically whether the switch is on or not when that tc locks up the light will come on. I got used to it coming on when the tranny when into lock up. My tranny just took a dump and it was very helpful. It came on and off constantly telling me something wasnt right and then the tranny died.

·
Registered
71 Posts
led

The website is dieselinnovations.com

·
Registered
740 Posts
Dang I didn't refresh the page before submitting that. Otherwise I would have left it alone:lol3:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes. Hey rollerrink, disregard how I said I wired mine up earlier. I acctually used 12 v from the hot side of the cig lighter fuse in the panel on the driverside. Sorry, been a while since i did mine. Anyways, hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
yup, cig. lighter is the easiest way

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am seriously new to everything about wiring trucks so please excuse my ignorance. Am I suppose to tap into the "hot" side to the cig lighter? How exactly do you tap into the cig lighter "hot" side?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts