Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im am really wanting to add some sort of LED light bar to my front end. Once again im bored out of town and need to know what length i should get. I really want to figure out how to mount it between my tow hooks but havent even looked if there is a way. Any one have any suggestions on the length i should get or have experience installing one in that location?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Pattonfab.com has brackets and bars also that look to be a nice setup. Ridgid also makes brackets, most are for 20-21" light bars between the tow hooks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Reactions: 13cumminsHD

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 20 inch Baja Industry bar and I bought the mounts from CJC off-road on here. I would highly recommend them. The installation was very simple to complete. If you not buying the recommended harness and your going to build one yourself make sure you build a relay into the circuit. If you have any questions feel free to contact myself.

·
1,532 Posts
Houstonrider, looks like your bar sticks out? I thought that the between hooks mounting would have the bar sitting flush with the bumber?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
This mount has the bar sticking out, for adjustments it's really the only way to do it. There are slots on the mounts for the possibility to slide it back, but not without some fab work or diff fasteners. I haven't messed with it much.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
654 Posts
a slight tap on something would destroy that light bar. even someone being careless and parks too close in a parking lot would do it in

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi-boost, you are wrong. Look up the video of them destroying the light bars, those things are quite tough to be honest.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A 3 x 2 inch 1/8th angle iron bolted from hook to hook under the top tow hook bolts. Deep enough to keep the light behind the bumper, 3 inches is enough room to give you your vertical adjustment. (used angle iron in case flat bar vibrated)
Drill the mounting holes, a coat of flat black, a cheap functional mount.

·
Vendor
1,156 Posts
I would have to disagree with the slight tap comment, some of our trucks get parallel parked on our street and on more than one occasion I have bumped my brothers truck in my early morning grogginess. In fact one time there was a distinct impression from little stainless screw from my Rigid on his back bumper.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
654 Posts
i have a 20" bar and did not install it where anything could contact it. i guess from the feedback, those are stronger than i thought. but the weak link would be that 1/4x20 fastener.

thx for the education friends

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here is the OnX Pro 30" I got from CJC, and it doesn't stick out from the bumper at all.
Lows and fogs with light bar off:

With light bar on:

Same from inside the truck:

And here is a closer shot:

The light is amazing, it's like driving in the day time with it turned on. I'm just waiting to see when they get some fog mounts for these trucks to put squadron wide cornering lights in. CJC will hook you up. PM member Rhinopkc, he is the one that helped me.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Do you have a closer pic with it off? Im liking that its completely inside the bumper...think the new arc series would fit too and follow curve in bumper? Nice truck btw!

Reactions: BenOakley
1 - 16 of 16 Posts