Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put is some aftermarket head lights because my old one were yellowing pretty bad. The issue I'm having is that the high beam indicator light stays on. Does anyone have any idea's.

I also noticed that the brights are not that bright. I think that there are wires crossed from the factory?

·
Free parts distributor
5,079 Posts
youll have to hook them up through relays... the way the factory wiring works is basically through grounding... kinda screwed up and a PITA...

·
Go for Broke
7,191 Posts
you may have a bad hi/low-beam switch

i am on my 3rd one (i ran 100w bulbs) and they were burning out the switch

new from the dealer was $80.00 jobber cost

Scott

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
youll have to hook them up through relays... the way the factory wiring works is basically through grounding... kinda screwed up and a PITA...
true story.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard that you needed to have a resister in so that LED and Halo will last longer, so I installed a 330ohm resister. The high/low indicator was working fine before.

I also went ahead and bought a new high beam bulb 9005 and they still seem to be not that bright.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I not sure what you mean on through relays?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big thanks to Blueboy! It's working great. Had to switch the ground and high wires on truck side of the harness and it works great. Indicator light work properly too.:thumbsup

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
No Pictures?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is all I got.

·
Registered
31 Posts