Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm a NewB, bought a 2010 2500 Laramie CCSB this past October, and coming from a Chevy I must say I'm impressed overall.

My truck has the tan leather seats in it, and I noticed a couple of days ago that the leather is starting to stain, or change color. The tan is starting to gain a blue/black tinge to it, possibly from my jeans or coat etc.. I only have 3000km on the truck since October, with 2000 of those km being long highway trips.

Has anyone else had this issue? I will be bringing it to the dealership next Friday to see what they'll do for me. I did turn down the $1000 dollar "interior protection package" they offered me at the time of purchase, but I never thought my seats would start to take on the color of the clothing I wear. Perhaps I just need to wear more tan!

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have used Zaino leather in a bottle and Connolly Hide Care (used to be Hide Food) and they are both very good. I think Connolly changed their formula though. Give the Zaino a try IMHO they make good products.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use mothers leather cleaner and conditioner, works great and keeps that new leather smell:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Hi guys, I'm a NewB, bought a 2010 2500 Laramie CCSB this past October, and coming from a Chevy I must say I'm impressed overall.

My truck has the tan leather seats in it, and I noticed a couple of days ago that the leather is starting to stain, or change color. The tan is starting to gain a blue/black tinge to it, possibly from my jeans or coat etc.. I only have 3000km on the truck since October, with 2000 of those km being long highway trips.

Has anyone else had this issue? I will be bringing it to the dealership next Friday to see what they'll do for me. I did turn down the $1000 dollar "interior protection package" they offered me at the time of purchase, but I never thought my seats would start to take on the color of the clothing I wear. Perhaps I just need to wear more tan!

Any thoughts?
I have the same color leather, and mine are the same, along with pencil marks from leaving it in my back pocket by accident.......they just need a good leather cleaner to bring them back, although I have have not cleaned mine yet cause it's to cold.......:rof:rof:hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I use a meguiars leather conditioner. It works well to take to blue off the seat. I was wondering the other evening about those Mr. Clean magic erasers. Not sure if they would work or if it would hurt the leather or not. Might have to try it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply's guys. I'll just clean it off and resume normal operation.

I'm still fairly disappointed I'm going to continually have to clean my leather seats to keep the color. 4 years in a duramax with the same color seats and never an issue. I guess that Chev didn't have a Cummins though! I'll take the Cummins over the 'stainless leather' any day!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thats why I like black leather

1 - 8 of 8 Posts