Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
talk to an upholstry shop they can recover your seats with leather..a better material than what dodge used and prob cheaper than you would think. they also make pads you can install heat into them too if you wanted

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they dont make the material my seat is so i cant just have it redone, and they said to do all leather would be something like $1200. and with heat somewear between $1400-$1800!!!!

is leather/vinyl/pleather as bad as people say in the heat of summer, and cold of winter?

·
Registered
13,852 Posts
if you have heated seats, it's not bad ;)

I've had factory vinyl, and it wasn't bad in the summer, and I live in a HOT climate

go get a quote for vinyl. I was quoted about $800 for vinyl in my mega cab. Never did it, but I really considered it.

I'd like to go textured black vinyl in my Ford, but the leather is in such good condition, I'll just leave it be :eek:

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
really find a new place thats $$ i got my seats redone didnt replace my clotch but all the cusions for 200

·
Registered
879 Posts
I had leather in the last truck, and have honestly really enjoyed the cloth in this truck. Hides dirt pretty well, has been easy to clean, and it's never "cold" or "hot". That being said, I wouldn't mind leather again, but I'm completely happy with cloth.

·
FRIENDS OF COAL
3,405 Posts
Dickies and leather = Sliding around, Ask me how I know this. :hehe::thumbsup:

·
Registered
549 Posts
i love my leather seats, i dont think ill go back to cloth.

Reactions: cummminsV12

·
Hello Kitty admirer
662 Posts
I love the leather too. My dog sheds quite a bit and the Wife's altima is covered in hair. I just roll down the windows and it all just flys out.

As for the hot and cold, it can be cold for a few seconds but if you have pants on you should not feel it unless your the kind to wear shorts in winter. Same for hot, I never feel it. But when it comes time to redo my seats im going with a pleather and a nice Memory foam. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.