Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the usual driver side seat issue. Not as bad as a lot of trucks I've seen, but noticeable and annoying to me. There is a guy near me selling the seats (all of them, front and back) out of a 99 quad cab. They are the same color as my interior and are driver side power (mine isn't) and leather! They look good in pics, he says they are good. In the pics the seats still have that 'full' plush look of foam that hasn't been slid across and sat on by a 450lb gorilla for 10 years. I'm just trying to see if anyone has issues with leather that looks good now and then starts cracking in 6months? (I'll condition it before installation) The guy wants $500 for all.
The other option being rebuilding my seat and recovering it, probably looking at $200 with using a good replacement cover for it. (the $200 covers both front seats)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's a fair price, I was more concerned about if they start cracking and falling apart a year from now. I was wondering if anyone else had experience getting leather seats out of a 99-02 or so and how the leather held up after being 'reused' for a few months.

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
I prefer cloth seats. Vinyl and leather are hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Cloth does not burn your legs or freeze them. Leather can go a very long time without cracking. I bought a new pair of shoes in a store the leather cracked on in a few weeks.

If you condition the leather it has a good chance of going a long time. If the leather is hard and stiff now it may not last.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If they're in good shape I'd do it. Price is fair, if you don't like them you can always try to sell them and recover yours. Hopefully break even or maybe a small loss.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so I've got an update. Next time I'll ask for close up pics before driving 70 miles (luckily I was wanting to go to nashville anyway.....) Turns out they are what you'd expect 99 model truck seats to look like, well actually they were better than most of the dodge truck seats I've seen but not worth $500 at all. A little bit of further researching says that I'd be much better off to look for Sebring seats out of a convertible. Apparently you have to change a bracket but after that they bolt up (on my 98 anyway). So I'm headed down that path and will post pics/updates when I find a tan set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.