Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Learning to paint

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tryNto 
#1 ·
My truck is out of Texas and rust free but sun blasted. Needs paint. Looked for a local VoTech school to take a couple classes but no luck unless I do a whole degree track which I have no interest in

I have a paint booth available at Scott AFB but they offer no classes or training.

Need to learn how to do a good enough job to provide good rust protection and look good enough to add value.

Any suggestions on how to learn to do an acceptable job? I can of course grab a couple junk panels and just practice but if there's a better way I'm all ears

Online courses like this worth anything?

Thanks very much

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
In my experience the real issue is the prep. If that isn't done well the job won't look roght. As far as actually painting it is all about even coverage. Get your junk panels and set up for side and flat and practice.

Reactions: tryNto
#4 ·
My truck is out of Texas and rust free but sun blasted. Needs paint. Looked for a local VoTech school to take a couple classes but no luck unless I do a whole degree track which I have no interest in

I have a paint booth available at Scott AFB but they offer no classes or training.

Need to learn how to do a good enough job to provide good rust protection and look good enough to add value.

Any suggestions on how to learn to do an acceptable job? I can of course grab a couple junk panels and just practice but if there's a better way I'm all ears

Online courses like this worth anything?

Thanks very much
Watch videos on eastwood.com and youtube.

#5 ·
Practice is the only way to learn how to lay down primer & paint.
80% of a good paint job is the prep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.