Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on 5" Magnaflow Stainless. At the joint of the front of muffler and 39.5" pipe there is a slight leak, I can see the soot staining the outside of pipe. Its very slight. I've tightened the clamp but that didn't totally fix it.

Is this leak a problem? Fix solutions?

Thanks.....

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Do your clamps look like this:

If not try one of these and maybe use some high-temp RTV sealant to totally seal the joint. If not have soemone fix the weld.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

If not try one of these and maybe use some high-temp RTV sealant to totally seal the joint. If not have soemone fix the weld.
No. Mine are stainless, but the band is like 1" wide. Those look good. I can get high temp RTV sealant...any auto zone type place yes? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yep, any auto parts store should have it.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
id just weld it up. thats what i have done with all my exhaust leaks, makes it alot stronger

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'll try that. I may look up online some resources for locating a "heavy duty" clamp as well. Thanks again, I'm a bit of a newbie...

Tyler.:banghead:

·
Registered
43 Posts

Arent those Accu-seals??? I thought all magnaflows came with those. Atleast mine did when i bought it last year

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just have it welded up if you are happy with the exhaust now. If you can't do it, most muffler shops will do the weld for you for $10-$20 or so. Not bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts