Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out my trucks leaking water inside my the front visor :banghead: anyone else have this problem and how should i go about fixing it?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,803 Posts
:ditto: I made a left hand turn coming out of my Sub one day and water poured out of the sun visor clip. Resealed clearance lights, not a problem from that day on.

·
Premium Member
25,094 Posts
I had the same problem, but I had just launched at the strip. Can you imagine the "WTF" when that happened. :hehe:

·
Pursuing the Great Commission
9,685 Posts
Had the same problem before. Luckily it was on the passenger side, so it was just my wife getting the water dripped on her.

If you overtighten your cablights, it is also possible to crack them. That's what happened to me :thumbsup:

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,803 Posts
If you overtighten your cablights, it is also possible to crack them. That's what happened to me :thumbsup:
After seeing what Brian's battery cables looked like on his truck I think I know what happened there :w: :hehe:

There was just road debris that made it under the seal on my truck, clean and reinstall.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea i have factory cab lights so I'll definitely check them once this rain lets up..thanks guys

·
Registered
482 Posts
I had water dripping from the overhead occasionally. I found my cab lights had loosened.. I back the screws off & retightened. I try to park so water runs away from cab lites (nose high) rather than slightly nose low.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine does this on the passenger side as well. Haven't gotten around to tightening the cab lights yet though.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I put some gasket maker on both sides of the factory rubber gasket, tightened them down and no more leaks.

·
Premium Member
25,094 Posts
Mine (recons) actually leaked around the screws. But a dab of silicon in each, cured the problem.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Mine (recons) actually leaked around the screws. But a dab of silicon in each, cured the problem.
:agree2: The screws were allowing the leak. Used clear silicone. Don't over tighten.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.