Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaking diesel from the rear of the filter housing. It seems like it could be the fuel hoses going to the lift pump. All stock 2003 truck. Could this be just the hoses or the lift pump? Any advice on what to look for?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I would look at the filter housing first. Make sure that's not it. If it's not, I would replace the hose without pulling the banjos (5/16 fuel hose) If it's still leaking, you will need to inspect the banjos and bolts and little washers. They are easy to goof up by overtightening. 18 ft lbs.

You might also consider drilling out the bolts to 3/16" if you have them out as this is a major fuel restriction on modified trucks. (Strangely enough, mine were already big enough and did not appear to be aftermarket) info on this at Dodge Ram Information

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
it is the rubber hose. Little bastards develop holes, just before the hose clamp. Just fixed mine today...i cant afford to drip diesel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Help! My Dodge died on the way home. I had accelerated up to about 70mph on #4 setting on the Edge Module and when I pulled off of the highway the engine died. I was finally able to get it started after draining the fuel filter housing and cycling the key off and on a few times. I drove a couple of blocks to get home and replaced the fuel filter. l am having problems getting it started. Anybody have any ideas? I am thinking there is air in the fuel systems but not sure if there is a bleed screw in the system. I need to get to work in the morning. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed it. Thanks :thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts