Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just hauled my travel trailer 4 hours up the mountains. Next morning found it leaking fluid. Wondering if it’s DEF. truck is fully deleted. No issues thus far

·
Registered
I know nothing.🙄
1,575 Posts
Disconnect your DEF pump.

·
Registered
I know nothing.🙄
1,575 Posts
On top of the DEF tank, there’s a module with 2 big plugs. One of those plugs go to the def tank module. Disconnect that plug. I’d use some dielectric grease and like a nitrile glove to cap off the plug from corrosion.

·
Registered
I know nothing.🙄
1,575 Posts
And is this going to be a problem going home since it’s deleted?
If you leave it like that, it may kill the pump if it runs dry. Better to unplug it as soon as you can.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Wonder why your tuner did not just disable it?

·
Registered
I know nothing.🙄
1,575 Posts
Wonder why your tuner did not just disable it?

I’ve had an issue with RaceMe on a 15 truck. It would randomly start pumping.

I just ended up pulling the tank on that one...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I towed in a different tune on the way than normal. Perhaps this affected it somehow? Usually tow in 4 this time used 3

·
Registered
984 Posts
When I deleted, the injector was removed but the tube was still in place. It siphoned itself and left those deposits. A non issue but somewhat messy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’m concerned as the truck hasn’t ran in several hours but it’s still dripping. I know truck is deleted but do I need to worry about this? This is my first diesel and certainly new to deleted trucks. I’m a couple hundred miles from home with my travel trailer and am not sure how concerned to be about this.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
No need to be concerned AT ALL. The truck doesn't even know that system is still there. Just remove the rest of it when you get a chance and rinse the residue very well.

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
I’m concerned as the truck hasn’t ran in several hours but it’s still dripping. I know truck is deleted but do I need to worry about this? This is my first diesel and certainly new to deleted trucks. I’m a couple hundred miles from home with my travel trailer and am not sure how concerned to be about this.
Pretend you never saw it and carry on. Safe travels home.

Reactions: Jimmy N. and Lins

·
Registered
984 Posts
Mine dripped for days. Then it stopped.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine dripped for days. Then it stopped.
Yeah mine would start dripping again as soon as I went down a steep hill on my drive home and marked. It would also start when the weather warmed up. I got tired of it making a mess so I filled it with distilled water, drained it, filled again, and drained it. I'm sure it 'leaked' from that point forward a little but it was just water at that point and didn't crystalize.

It definitely didn't leak out but I figure what happened to the opp is the change in pressure going up and down mountains probably got it flowing again in addition to the change in angle :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts