Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was filling the big girl up tonight, when an attendant kindly pointed out something was leaking from underneath the truck, so i crawled under and sure enough, the smell of diesel was present. Appears to be coming from the top of the tank and dripping down, maybe one of the lines? Any suggestions folks? :thud:

· MI Chapter President
5,431 Posts
get a few buddies and pull the bed off, check the steel lines for any corrosion, Im guessing it woudlnt be the supply line since you'd be sucking air and running out of fuel but could be th return line? 8 bolts hold the bed on for a long bed and its not heavy for 4 guys.

just something to try

Ian

might as well do the Air Dog while its off!!

· Banned
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, there is a bunch of crud and on the lines, so it could need replacing, is that a high dollar fix? Sorry, I'm such a noob to the diesel/vehicle scene, this ones my first.

· Premium Member
1,058 Posts
you can replace it with a draw straw. when i put my fass on i had a fuel leak and it ending up being the sending unit. a 30 dollar draw straw fixed it and its running flawless now..just a thought

· Mopar1973Man.Com
26,034 Posts
you can replace it with a draw straw. when i put my fass on i had a fuel leak and it ending up being the sending unit. a 30 dollar draw straw fixed it and its running flawless now..just a thought
Do a Vulcan Big line kit and a draw straw and all your fuel line problems will be history!

Vulcan Big Line

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.