Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pull a masonry trailer that has the scaffold up in the front (approx 5-700 lbs of tongue weight) I just had Timbrens installed today, and I also have a weight distribution hitch, when I hook the trailer on it only sinks down a few inches but it engages the overload springs and then they ride on the rubber stops on the frame and squeak like crazy...With this set-up should the overloads be engaged at that point. The squeak is annoying. The trailer is a tandem axle 14 footer by 6.5 wide, I would consider it medium duty. I guess I'm wondering if my leafs are shot or if this is normal? Does anybody know the official name of those rubber half-moon things that are attached to the frame via three bolts. Their are two on each side. If anybody has theirs off the truck and wants to sell them let me know, as mine are wore down--the salvage yard will not sell them to me. Thanx.

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanx everybody...

just kidding,

can anybody help?

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no really-thanx. this time i'm serious.

hey, no problem self...

·
Kansas Cummins Crew
761 Posts
:hehe: Are you talking to your self?

·
Kansas Cummins Crew
761 Posts
Oh really?.............

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
seems like its sagging a little low with only 700lbs of tongue weight, how much does trailer weigh alone? ill measure my dually tom tho even tho it is diff.

·
Banned
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im not sure I think it is like 3300 gtw or something??

·
Kansas Cummins Crew
761 Posts
I was trying to mess with him, but I guess he got off too early. Oh well.......... But I do agree, I don't think it should sag quite that much with 700 lbs. But if memory serves me right, there's not much of a gap between the two when empty either? One option would be to take the overloads off if that's about all you haul. ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts