Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ran the latest released REVO tunes?? I ran the older release and thought it was a bit weak then changed to SW9 for a short period and thought it drove nice and pulled very hard when asked but, it seemed to run rough so I went back to TNT.. I was wondering if the newer version has smoothed out any..

·
Registered
498 Posts
I downloaded the new revo software the other day and to be honest on my truck it feels weeker. I usually run sw 7 all default. It seems like I get a ticking sound when under load maybe timing I dont no. I would really like to try tnt but I tow alot and was afraid it would make to much power for my application. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I towed my 10k fifth wheel last weekend W/TNT-R on SW7, TQ1, TM4, RP2 with good results... The new TNT-R seems to fuel a lot less down low and makes it very manageable while towing... I did stop at a rest stop and switched settings, and liked SW3, TQ1, TM4, RP2 a lot better than SW7....

·
Registered
498 Posts
what about the regular tnt instead of tnt r. whats it like for towing.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I towed W/TNT on SW3 and had no problems... I didn't tow on anything higher than SW3.. Just watch your gauges and use lower timing settings like 4 or stock timing and stock torque. Hell, you could probably tow on higher settings as long as the egt's stay in check... Guess it really depends on the terrain (long grades or flat land) and if ya drive like your towing or like ya stole it. I think, now I drive with less pedal just knowing I could snap the input if I get stupid :doh: Before when towing stock I would giver hell while towing :hehe:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.