Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if a set of late gen 4 metric stud Alcoas and steels will fit on a Gen 3 3500 dually? I'd bet the "offsets" don't have any meaning for a dually since they're all going to have more or less the same center stack mount-up plane, but is the hub pilot bore the same? Will the 9/16" studs fit into the M14 holes OK? I found one reference stating that the 120.9 mm hub bore is the same, but that same source tells me the 2016 wheels are for 9/16" studs, and they ain't -- they're M14.

Sure, the overall diameter is going to be 1" larger... but I can't imagine that's going to be an issue, especially with a mild lift.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Can anyone tell me if a set of late gen 4 metric stud Alcoas and steels will fit on a Gen 3 3500 dually? I'd bet the "offsets" don't have any meaning for a dually since they're all going to have more or less the same center stack mount-up plane, but is the hub pilot bore the same? Will the 9/16" studs fit into the M14 holes OK? I found one reference stating that the 120.9 mm hub bore is the same, but that same source tells me the 2016 wheels are for 9/16" studs, and they ain't -- they're M14.

Sure, the overall diameter is going to be 1" larger... but I can't imagine that's going to be an issue, especially with a mild lift.
I'm running 4th Gen dually Alcoa wheels on my 2005 Gen 3 dually wrapped with 35" toyo CT's and 2" spacer in the rear. Everything fits fine however the thickness of the aluminum wheels are thicker than stock on the 3rd gen. What I mean is when you torque the lugnuts there is barely any thread sticking out of the nut. The factory studs on the 3rd gen are a little shorter but I've been driving with them for over 10k kms and they are still good to go.

Also, Im running steel inner wheels in the rear with a 2" spacer in between. Same thing there are no threads showing through the lug nuts. If you are running all aluminum in the rears I feel you wont have enough stud! Keep that in mind.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The stock late gen 4 rear pack is Alcoa outside, steel inside... so no issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts