Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: DJRobinson

· Registered
1,300 Posts
I had heard that a couple days go but this is first written article I have seen. Mine has been home free for awhile since I have disable vet forever license but will make a difference for my wife's rig. :peelout :peelout:woot2::woot2::na::na::na:

· Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Was in Bremerton now in Skagit county so havnt had to worry about it. See how this plays out. Now if we could just get our gun rights back ....... and get new politicians that arent on a crooked pay roll....... and

· Registered
9,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was in Bremerton now in Skagit county so havnt had to worry about it. See how this plays out. Now if we could just get our gun rights back ....... and get new politicians that arent on a crooked pay roll....... and
We've been trying to fight every bill that they put on the ballot, but apparently it's okay to leave important details of the bill out of the summary in the voters pamphlet and hide the full bill from there too with other outrageous changes.

594: made it illegal to hand your gun to someone else...(we all pretty much violate this law all the time) Also it made it so if a cop pulls you over while you're carrying and the cop wants to remove the firearm from your vehicle for "safely." Said cop can't legally give you back your gun unless you both drive to a FFL and do a background check on you just to "transfer" your own gun back to you...Even if you have a CPL (which you should if you're carrying in your vehicle...otherwise that's grounds for a felony in this state anyways as you can't carry loaded in a motor vehicle unless you have a CPL)

1639 really effed things up... stripped all 18-20yr olds of their constitutional right to bear arms. Requires all firearms be unloaded and stored locked up in a safe separate from the ammunition. Classified ALL semi-automatic rifles as "assault weapons" including .22lr and .17hmr. And now to buy any semi-auto you need to wait 10-14 days and sign away your right to privacy (another constitutional right being violated by this law) so any state employee can go through your medical records. And you need to go to a training/safety course of the states choosing before you're allowed to purchase said firearm, and finally pay an additional fee for said firearm.

Because of this I can see 80% receivers and stripped AR15 and AR308 receivers becoming even more popular than they already are as that is/will be the current loophole around this stupid law as a stripped receiver is not a semi automatic rifle or semi automatic pistol nor does it possess the features of either in stripped form. Therefor it doesn't fall under the definition of the law. And 80% gets around all of it since by BATFE's classification an 80% lower is NOT a firearm. It's a chunk of metal until it is completed.

as for politicians: they're always corrupt. need term limits on all political offices.

Reactions: Russ Roth and Quint

· Premium Member
4,093 Posts
We've been trying to fight every bill that they put on the ballot, but apparently it's okay to leave important details of the bill out of the summary in the voters pamphlet and hide the full bill from there too with other outrageous changes.
So true.

Plus I think they should notify every gun owner, hunting license holder, hunter safety course holder, every time they propose a bill that takes away there rights or affects them in any way. Heck they should notify everyone by letter of proposed bills or laws by MAIL. Not the crap they do that makes it overly difficult for anyone with a full time job and a family to even know what they are doing.

· Registered
214 Posts
Just keep in mind that tampering with emissions equipment is still illegal on a federal level.
Here in Texas we have no emissions test for all diesels, but a DPS officer can write you a ticket for not having emissions equipment at any time. Especially if you're being an anus blowing smoke. It doesn't happen too often now but they might start getting more serious in the future.
Also, the inspection stations are supposed to do a visual inspection of emissions equipment on all vehicles, but most don't. :lol4:
Take that for what's it's worth... My recommendation: run a clean tune and don't smoke Prius's like an immature child. If they see a bunch of diesel guys blowing smoke after this law lifts, they may decide to crack down hard on diesels... don't ruin it for the rest of us.

It is nice to see that the emissions regulation worked. Cars keep getting cleaner, but not more fuel efficient unfortunately.

Sorry for butting in to an out of state board, but I figured I had something to add haha! :spank:

· Registered
9,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What emissions controls? LOL my truck never came with any from the factory ;) 98.5-02 (non-california models) did not come with any form of emissions controls. No EGR, no catalyst, no DPF, no blutech or any of that garbage. Just a turbo, a muffler, and 3" pipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.