Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Laramie/regular bumper brackets?

1447 8
will the front bumper brackets on my '06 work with a laramie bumper?

thanks
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,378 Posts
yup it will bolt right up, the sport/laramie bumper is the same and bolts up to the slt brackets. i just did the swap and it saves so much time not having to take the brackets off.

· Registered
44 Posts
agoldxj, Is there any tips for removing the front bumper? I hit a rock and it shifted/bent upward about 1/2" on passenger side. I would like to remove the bumper and see if i can fix the bracket.

thanks

· Registered
18 Posts
Whats the diffrence in the bumpers? Im looking at getting rid of my bumper(plastic cover) in favor of the crome with a painted top pad. Had the crome bumper on my mega cab and never looked at the brackets to see if they were diffrent.

· Registered
426 Posts
Both of my 07's that I swapped over from a SLT to Laramie had to have new brackets.

I guess they changed something.

· Registered
18 Posts
Whats the diffrence? My 07 mega was a slt and had the chrome bumper with the painted top pad. Like all the new 2500 and 3500 on dodges lots. My 06 that i have now has the bumper that covers the whole bumper with a painted plastic shell. It has just a little plastic crome center cover on the bottom. Thanx for the help.

· Registered
426 Posts
The brackets where different on both of mine. Had to get new brackets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.