Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed here several times, but it seems to have conflicting stories. I have the Big Horn addition. I do like the look of the Laramie though. Can you just buy the plastic cover to go over my existing bumper? Or do you have the buy the whole entire Laramie bumper assembly? If you can just buy the plastic cover is there anything else you need? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
I know this has been discussed here several times, but it seems to have conflicting stories. I have the Big Horn addition. I do like the look of the Laramie though. Can you just buy the plastic cover to go over my existing bumper? Or do you have the buy the whole entire Laramie bumper assembly? If you can just buy the plastic cover is there anything else you need? Thanks.
2 different bumpers. You would need the to buy the whole thing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks like just the plastic... I don't have any personal exerience with this though.

Good luck!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:confused013: I was hoping for just the plastic. I knew it couldn't be easy.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Actually it was very easy for me. I started calling places that install bumper replacement grille guards. Most guys (like me on my 96 & 05) don't give a damn about the factory plastic fantastic. My 07 though I want to keep nice. It is exactly the truck I had wanted for years except a big horn instead of Laramie. I found the Laramie front bumper complete with fog lights at a replacement grille guard shop. Previous owner had them install a guard and didn't even want his old one back. No cracks, no cuts, all the brackets, and functioning lights.....gave the guy $250 cash. Had it painted electric blue and plan to install it after I get my rockers and bed color match bed lined.
I would start with places like that because it was pretty easy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just the plastic. Fits directly over the chrome piece on your bumper now. You will just remove the plastic pieces on there now. Save the step plate thing. It will be re used

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Thanks CumminsJones, that's what I wanted to hear. I found one locally for 100 bucks. Just needs to be painted.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
102 Posts
its not just the plastic cover, the metal bumper under the plastic Laramie or sport cover is different from the slt bumper. look at the LMC catalogue it has pics of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.