Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DELETE YOUR TURBO!!!!!
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one local know how to build them??? i need to make some for mine dont have the 600 bucks to buy them any helpp would be great the part i dont get is how to mount them to the truck:confused013:

·
Registered
929 Posts
I made some for my 2nd gen that use a plate that mounts to the bottom of the u-bolts, but I would have to see a pic of a 3rd gen axle to figure it out. As for the front I welded two tabs on the frame for the heim joint to mount. I will see if I have some pics.

·
DELETE YOUR TURBO!!!!!
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your in blair?? you ever up around elkhorn? id like to look at yours i want to build my own.

·
DELETE YOUR TURBO!!!!!
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what did you use for pipe and what not who did you go through for material???

·
Registered
929 Posts
I work at KRECO Steel Fabrication in Blair, so we had the tubing on hand. The tubing is 2" OD 3/8" wall DOM tubing. The ends were bored out to 1 17/32" and the inserts were welded in. Then the heims and locknuts. The rear mount is all 3/8" plate. All of the mounting lugs were burnt out on the plasma table out of 3/8" plate.

·
DELETE YOUR TURBO!!!!!
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can i go through you to get material what am i looking at cost wise?? sorry im asking so many questions

·
Registered
929 Posts
I'll have to check on the material pricing, and you'd need to figure out how long you want to make them. I would use 1/4" wall so the ends don't need bored out, but the 3/8" was handy and I did all the work myself so I did lol. Get me some lengths and we can go from there.

·
DELETE YOUR TURBO!!!!!
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
probly the smae as yours my truck should be sitting on the same frame as yours

·
Registered
929 Posts
I'll have to measure again, but I think they are 56" from eye to eye. I will get you a price on some tubing on Monday when I go back to work.

·
DELETE YOUR TURBO!!!!!
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
will do i appreciate the help.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nice bars Eric. You didn't have those on your truck when I saw it. That is some awsome looking fab work. Really clean and well thought out.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Thanks man. I like how they came out, and definitely for a fraction of the cost that you can buy them for. I just threw a quick coat of paint on them to get them on the truck, but this winter I'm going to take the bars and the rear mounts off and send them to our powdercoater. I like the black look, but I was thinkin of possibly goin with a diff color for the bars, but I dunno. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Who is doing your powdercoating? As far as color goes you can never go wrong with black. It always looks good. It often goes unnoticed. It will give it that oem look though. My personal favorite color is silver vein.:thumbsup: It only looks good on black or grey vehicles. Since your truck is black you could really go with any color and it would look sweet. Red, orange, blue, grey they would all look good on your truck.:party018:

·
Registered
929 Posts
I don't know who does our powdercoating, but I will send them out through the company. All I know is it's somebody in Omaha who does a hell of a job for a great price. And I think I'm staying with black. I'm kinda diggin the sleeper look :thumbsup:

Eric

·
DELETE YOUR TURBO!!!!!
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you happen to have a chance to get me a quote

·
Registered
929 Posts
Sorry man, I've been slammed at work this week. I'll get a weight of the bars on Friday when we go in and figure up a price. I"ll keep in touch. Thanks for the patience :thumbsup:

Eric

·
DELETE YOUR TURBO!!!!!
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no problem im not in a big hurry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts