Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the thermal switch in the KSB circuit is available in the aftermarket or is it an OE item only? Part numbers and brands if you know them would be helpful (or just brand if you have that).
Thanks,
Steve g

·
Registered
661 Posts
im gunna say its oe only

·
First Generation Moderator
2,224 Posts
I'm guessing that at the rate these are removed and thrown away, it would not be profitable for an outsider to make/market them.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing that at the rate these are removed and thrown away, it would not be profitable for an outsider to make/market them.
In that case, does anyone want to trade their good working one for one that will suffice to plug the hole? I've been told, second hand, that they are around $180 at the stealership.

Steve g

·
First Generation Moderator
2,224 Posts
Holy cow. That much?! I simply use a 1/2" pipe plug to plug the hole. You may want to do the same. Remove that from the engine and , if it's a latter model KSB, just leave it alone. If it's a earlier version, you can install a jumper wire to the KSB wax motor from the shut down solenoid. Or not. Up to you.

The only purpose for the KSB is to assist in elimination of start-up white smoke. If you have performance injectors, the KSB is worthless anyhow!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts