Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

SUSPENSION KITS

• KORE

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • CARLI

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • THURNE

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 31 34.4%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I'm looking at. I don't know anything about Thurne (I hope I spelled it right)

I'm looking at a suspension leveling kit. I will be putting 33's under it or possibly 35's.

95% freeway driving, I want a better ride. I do do alot of camping and hunting, so I do go off road but nothing major that the factory suspension can't handle, just want a little more clearance. I usualy go slow off road except for the occasional washboard that sneeks up on ya.

I know I can't go wrong with any of these lifts but want some real life feedback before I dump 1K on a lift.

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
KORE gets my vote... Im the son-in-law of the guy who manufactures the parts.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im the son-in-law of the guy who manufactures the parts.
I think that would be a little biased then wouldn't it?

I see that the majority that have voted have said other. Please list the manufacturer.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got a Carli starter kit & Thuren Track Bar put on about a month ago. Absolutely love the way the truck rides & handles.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I see that the majority that have voted have said other. Please list the manufacturer.

Lorenz make a quality system too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
All the companies you mentioned make quality stuff and I've run Kore, Carli, Lorenz, and Thuren on my truck. Your best bet is to call Don Thuren and tell him what you are looking for. He is a great guy and will point you in the right direction. You tell him what kind of ride you are looking for, how you use the truck, and how much you are willing to spend, and he'll set you up. He fabs his own stuff but also works with other companies when putting kits together. After talking with him I ended up with Carli coils and sway bar links, his towers, control arms, track bar, and Lorenz DP rear leafs. He custom valved my shocks for the type of driving I do and was happy to spend time on the phone with me figuring everything out. I believe he now sells his own complete kits. He is a great guy and you will definitly get more for your money and I think end up being happier if you at least give him a call.

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
I voted Thuren Fabrication. I also recommend Carli Suspension. But if you have a special request or requirements Don's the one you should call.

Thuren suspension in action:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
spirson!!!!!!!!

they use some of the best compnoents available...look at their 3 inch kit...its King coilovers up front and king res. in the back

Spirson Off-Road

·
Registered
513 Posts
spirson!!!!!!!!

they use some of the best compnoents available...look at their 3 inch kit...its King coilovers up front and king res. in the back

Spirson Off-Road

The problem with Spirson is you need twice as much lift to get nearly the same travel as Thuren/Carli/KORE/Lorenz. And the fine print at the end of their video doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
that may be true but i would fell alot more comfortable with KINGS compared to fox..I am aware that the other companies off the kings but i havent heard any real negatives on their lifts..they might not be the baja kit the others are but they might be a real competitor in the future

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lorenz make a quality system too.
I went with Lorenz for the shock towers, springs and misc parts. Directly to Sway-A-Way for shocks and bump stops.

·
Registered
513 Posts
that may be true but i would fell alot more comfortable with KINGS compared to fox..I am aware that the other companies off the kings but i havent heard any real negatives on their lifts..they might not be the baja kit the others are but they might be a real competitor in the future

ThurenFab and Carli both spec Kings. Lorenz uses Sway-A-Way and KORE uses Fox.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I voted Thuren Fabrication. I also recommend Carli Suspension. But if you have a special request or requirements Don's the one you should call.

Thuren suspension in action:

Thanks for the new desktop pics!:thumbsup

I take it Don fabbed up that new front bumper thingy:p? (Any more pics of it?)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have Lorenz's 2.25 Sway A Away and it's fantastic!!!! All fours tires off the ground at 100 mph (only about a foot off the ground, but what the heck) and it was like landing on a pillow!!!!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts