Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have heard lots of things about the different Kore suspension systems ie: Chase, Recon etc. I was checking their levelling kits on their website and noticed, what they call, an HP levelling kit. It comes with the Bilstein 5100's, billet drop blocks and their VR springs. I was considering going with just a spacer, but this kit caught my eye. I can't justify the extra money for their more serious systems.

Anyway, for $335, do you guys think it's worth a shot? I don't do any serious offroading. Just gravel roads with a few nasty sections in between. I pull a trailer almost everywhere I go (3k-10k).

Is this kit worth a shot? Anyone else try it yet?

Lorenz has a similar system but it sells for somewhere around $500. I have no idea what the difference is.

New KORE HP Leveling Kit - Dodge Ram Suspension

Bilstein Leveling Suspension System by Lorenz

·
Registered
325 Posts
id go for it........keeps all your factory specs ............ and you can clear 37s

·
Registered
830 Posts
you can really clear 37's with this kit? even at full lock? if so, i'm ordering one.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The thing with 37s is they can hit the bed under full compression with the stock springs. You need aftermarket leafs that move the axle rearward a lttle, but not too much, to avoid contact.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have the HD leveling kit from KORE and love it. i put bilstein's front and rear. it made a huge difference in ride quality on and off road. the only way to fit 37's up front without rubbing is to buy the fiberglass flarred fenders they sell on the site for i think $550 for a pair.
im running 35 12.50 17 pro comp x terrains right now and they have about a 1/2 inch before they hit the back of the front fender at full turn. Before i put the kit on the tires almost rubbed the front bumper. lifting the front 3 in brings the front axle back a bit.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I go back and forth between Lorenz and Kore and am trying to understand the $200 difference in the kits. I understand that Lorenz' springs may be better than Kore's VR springs, but still...????

I mean, I'm still thinking of just spacers that sell for about $80-$100!! I'm just guessing, but I don't think I'd be dissappointed with either Kore's or Lorenz' levelling kits.

I'm looking for a reason to support Sean Lorenz as he's been easy to deal with so far and Kore's reputation isn't so great anymore.

Still confused between the two kits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just wait till this fall to test drive a KORE equipped truck at your local Dodge dealer. It'll be a factory option.

·
Registered
325 Posts
you can clear 37x12.5 on a right speced rim and other factors but ive seen about 10 or so people running that on a 3 inch front lvl...... im going that way soon....

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
KORE systems.

Just wait till this fall to test drive a KORE equipped truck at your local Dodge dealer. It'll be a factory option.
That's interesting. Kent's been trying to accomplish that goal for many years now. Maybe if Dodge relents,it'll take the pressure off the similiar systems out there that work within the factory geometry i.e. Carli,Lorenz and Thuren. You pull up to some of these dealers and the" warranty void" look appears on the service writer's face. Now if Dodge adopts Carli's upcoming upper ball joints into the scheme.....!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I take it back. After reading some other threads you can run 37's with no rub. I just cant because of the offset on my rims! That pisses me off!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
i have had the setup for about two years but with 33 inch bfgs on stock wheels. great kit ....and still rides like stock. may be even better with those bilstiens. ....after a while i just got bored and wanted to go bigger.....ive always loved the way 35's looked with some 20inch rims. so i bought them brought them home and guess didn't fit. it was acutally a 325/60/20. they will not fit. maybe some 315's. so i ended up buying a 6inch superlift kit. and at full tilt and good size bump it still will rub.....so good luck with the kit....id go for the kore cuz of the price...but recommend stay'n with 305's / 33's

·
Registered
513 Posts
i have had the setup for about two years but with 33 inch bfgs on stock wheels. great kit ....and still rides like stock. may be even better with those bilstiens. ....after a while i just got bored and wanted to go bigger.....ive always loved the way 35's looked with some 20inch rims. so i bought them brought them home and guess didn't fit. it was acutally a 325/60/20. they will not fit. maybe some 315's. so i ended up buying a 6inch superlift kit. and at full tilt and good size bump it still will rub.....so good luck with the kit....id go for the kore cuz of the price...but recommend stay'n with 305's / 33's

If the 35s didn't fit your wheels are to blame. 35s fit quite nicely under a level kit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was actually looking at the KORE Recon or Chase Series lifts... but i fly into the bush to go back to work tomorrow so no lift till July :'( anyone currently have either of these lifts, a little info or feed back on em would be nice

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
yeah it was the wheels....offset and backspacing." the 35's(34.? 's by 11's ?)on a leveling kit look nice from the side....but from rear end or front they look like skinny's....i have 35.5inch by 13.25inch (alot more proportion) there's no way you could clear that on kore's leveling kit with out it rubbing or having some crazy offset/backspacing that will probably make it look like a big turtle.

·
Registered
513 Posts
yeah it was the wheels....offset and backspacing." the 35's(34.? 's by 11's ?)on a leveling kit look nice from the side....but from rear end or front they look like skinny's....i have 35.5inch by 13.25inch (alot more proportion) there's no way you could clear that on kore's leveling kit with out it rubbing or having some crazy offset/backspacing that will probably make it look like a big turtle.

I ran 325/70-17 Toyo A/Ts and now run 37x12.50-17 Yokohama A/Ts on only 2-1/2" of lift and get zero rubbing using 9" wide wheels with 5.71" b.s.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kore

The HP system (front only) is supposed to replicate the Power Wagon capabilities according to Kent Kroeker at Kore.

I think I'll try the kit. I like the idea of longer springs and shocks instead of just a spacer. :$:

I'm planning to run Toyo A/T's in a 285/75/17. I don't think I'll need a levelling kit but it looks much better with it. These tires are about an inch smaller than the 35 and an inch bigger than a 33. Most importantly, they are 10 ply.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just installed the KORE HP leveling kit. The ride seems much smoother with my new 35's. However, I am a little concerned when I have the wheel at full lock in either direction I hear a pop. Otherwise, I haven't noticed any issues. I'm thinking the noise is from the track bar. I had a hell of a time getting it to line up after I put KORE's springs in. Has anyone else run into this? I was thinking of buying Thuren's track bar anyway, but I'd like to know for sure if that's my problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Make sure the track bar is tight! That thing will let you know if it's not. Also, sometimes the springs aren't seated completely till you give the suspension a good pounding.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have the same pop in mine when turning... I am going to replace the track bar sometime this week with a Carli, and see if that solves the problem. also I tried to run 325/50/22's shortly after I installed the Kore leveling kit, and because of backspace on wheels, they would not even come close to fitting. rubbed in every direction. What backspace would let me run those tires on a 22x9.5 wheel with just the level??

1 - 20 of 56 Posts