Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Kore 3 inch coil question

1210 7
So I bought my dAd a set of 3 inch kore coils, 4 2.5 fox shocks, a Carli sway bar, and a bd steering box brace off of an 03 for his 06 ($450 for all of it couldn't pass it up) my question is the kore coils had 2 inch leveling pucks on top I won't be using so do I still need to use a drop pitman arm? Also without the leveling pucks will the front shocks be too long ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
with 5" of lift you need a drop pitman and either an adjustable track bar or a track bar drop. and you will probly need extended sway bar end links or A sway bar drop

·
Registered
35 Posts
To answer your question about just running the coils without the pucks then you don't need the drop pitman arm. I have the same exact coils on my truck and didn't need anything else. Not sure about the shocks. Where the shocks for the coils alone or were they longer to accept the 2 inch pucks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
with 5" of lift you need a drop pitman and either an adjustable track bar or a track bar drop. and you will probly need extended sway bar end links or A sway bar drop
I'm only running the coils no pucks and the swaybar is going to be a Carli swaybar

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To answer your question about just running the coils without the pucks then you don't need the drop pitman arm. I have the same exact coils on my truck and didn't need anything else. Not sure about the shocks. Where the shocks for the coils alone or were they longer to accept the 2 inch pucks.
That's what I'll have to measure out with and without pucks but thanks for the answer on the coils 5 inches of total front lift will be too much. How do you like the ride quality of the coils

·
Registered
35 Posts
Its pretty nice but I also went from stock shocks to the bilstein shocks but over all nice. Should also be able to call Kore and ask them what the shock measurements are that they sell with the leveling kit.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its pretty nice but I also went from stock shocks to the bilstein shocks but over all nice. Should also be able to call Kore and ask them what the shock measurements are that they sell with the leveling kit.
Yea my dads truck is going from stock to everything listed above so I'm hoping between the swaybar and coils it will make a good difference in ride quality and thanks for the tip I will call them

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ya no problem. It should be pretty nice. Mine has drop blocks for the sway bar so the Carli one should be nice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.