Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 99 24v, with 01 motor, stock turbo and 4inch down pipe into 5inch single stack, 150hp or 200hp injectors from previous owner, airdog 150, quadzilla adrenalin with pulse, ATS manifold, intake kit and massive filter, built 5speed, leveling kit and 33's,

could be more but from my knowledge that is all... i wasnt filled in with alot knowledge when truck was bought...

ok now budy with 98.5 has all the same upgrades except the ( ATS ) manifold and he has edge comp box and with his truck with smarty on extreme with the comp box my truck walks it with just the quadzilla turned up... my tuck with the smarty and quadzilla is just a animal and imposible to hook up.. so we both think theres something there that we dont know about because it shouldnt be that much difference... like its night and day differnce... 5th gear at 75mph it dont think twice about braking the tires loose as soon as that turbo lights... there shouldnt be a difference or if anything he should beat on me with him having the smarty and comp box and me only have the quadzilla.....

WHAT COULD IT BE?? ive looked the truck over up and down and its not anything you can possibly see.. the one thing i noticed between the 2 trucks.. his dash aint all cracked and mine is but the cabin bay noice is a good amount louder... like no talking on the cell phone while normal driving... so could it be a cam???

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
A cam wouldn't make that much of a difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A cam wouldn't make that much of a difference.

i dont know how much a cam does to a diesel ive only delt with cam work in small engines and gassers.... the only reason of thinking that is of how loud the cabbin is... like you gota plug one ear and have the radoio off and low rpm's to actually to be able to hear decent... my budy's 98.5 dont have the cracked dash and you can hear fine in it... so i dont know if the dash being cracked makes them have more cabin noise or not from the motor... its winter and its hasnt been above freezing much lately but if you run it kinda hard it will lope a little bit and it dont have a lope tune or anything just the normal 180hp quadzilla tune... do they lope with a cam with out a lope tun?

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
:eek:mg:You can break your tires loose at 75mph? You got way more power than I do. No wonder you can put the smoke on him.

·
Registered
559 Posts
:eek:mg:You can break your tires loose at 75mph? You got way more power than I do. No wonder you can put the smoke on him.
and you got compounds

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
i call bs..75 mph tire smokin...must be some skinney assed tires

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
my only thought that no one has mentioned is rear end gearing.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
watch it will double post on me .....

my only thought is rear end gearing is different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts