Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Keyless entry door pad?

8K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  DodgeLuvr 
#1 ·
Hey guys, Ive got an 04 that I want to add a keyless entry pad on the drivers door like the fords have. I am looking for an aftermarket kit that I could add without doing alot of modifying.
I saw a kit one time that had a wireless pad that attached to the door with 3m tape and then a module that wired in under the dash, this is exactly what I'm lookin for. Does anyone know where to find one??
I know bulldog used to make one but im not sure about how the quality would be, there are some negative reviews about it on amazon and it seems to be a discontinued product from bulldog.
Heres a link. Amazon.com: Bulldog TP-100 Touch Pad Keyless Entry System: Automotive

I also found this kit, it looks really good but it has to drill through the door panel. The wiring harness also has to pass through the door jamb, I think it would eventually end up causing problems there, with pinched wires ect.
Keypad Keyless Entry: A1 Electric Online Store
Automotive keypad keyless entry system

Has anyone else installed something like this, or know of any other manufactures that make something like this??
Thanks Alot.
Dallas

See less See more
#2 ·
as for wire through the door jamb, thats how speaker wires and electric window controlls get their power and such route it the same way and they wont pinch

#3 ·
true, but I dont think you can run your wires in the factory boot because of the harness plug and such, I could be wrong but I think you'd hafta run your own boot and gromits.
It is Possible, but its hard to beat wireless.
The factory keychain with the door locks on it works for years on the original batery so I dont think that should be an issue.

#4 ·
#7 ·
Thanks for such wonderful commends Pyro!! :thumbsup: But the fact remains that the factory wires DO run through the door jamb.

#8 ·
well till they figure out how to pass concitrated electrons thru thin air, i dont know how else they are gonna do it.:lol4:

#10 ·
#11 ·
This kit looks great! was the one you had wired or wireless?? I see they offer both. The keypad styling isnt that attractive, but im mostly going for function anyway.
Mine was wired, i eventually upgraded to this after i had it repainted, all my friends could never figure out how i did it, ive really been thinkin bout getting on of these for my 08' so i can lock yhe doors and keep it running. Id put it behind my mirror, that'd be slick.

Ultra Touch - Ultra Touch Invisible Switch

#13 ·
Yeah iam thinking behind the mirror would work great, or on the windshield in the lower left corner, only problem is i can barley reach my windshield. Witj my lift i can walk under my tow mirrors and not touch them with my head. Yes i am short, laugh it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.