Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall jus bought a used 11' 2500 from the south texas oilfields. 1st owner lost owners manual and both key FOB remotes... My question is about the key off power delay, is this a turbo timer or similiar... Cant figure how to activate it... My gut says i need the remote, can some please explain? Thanks in advance

·
Cummins Nut
340 Posts
It delays the radio and windows etc for 5,10 minutes after the engine is shut down, as soon as the door opens everything powers off. No turbo timer.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
:agree2: no turbo timer

·
Toyota and Cummins Nut!
1,390 Posts
Hey yall jus bought a used 11' 2500 from the south texas oilfields. 1st owner lost owners manual and both key FOB remotes... My question is about the key off power delay, is this a turbo timer or similiar... Cant figure how to activate it... My gut says i need the remote, can some please explain? Thanks in advance
It can be controlled via the EVIC center. I think its zero time on, 30 seconds, 1, 5 and even 10 minutes. I have mine set to 1 minute, and as soon as a door opens, it kills is ASAP.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ok I gotta ask... How do you start the truck without the fob key?

You can also download the owners manual in PDF. I keep it in iBooks on my iPhone... Real convenient!

·
Glad to Be Here
669 Posts
That's odd on no turbo timer. My '12 has one. Settable from 5 minutes up. Have to leave the key fob in though. When it shuts off, the key is still in and the HVAC fan and stuff is still running since the fob is in the "run" postion. Have to remember to take out the "metal" key so we can get back in, but it does work if you are coming off the highway and need to run in somewhere quick. Just leave it and it shuts off by itself....

·
Registered
44 Posts
How can you start the truck with just the metal key? I thought the FOB was required. Please explain.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes I want to know how you start with metal key also.

Is the turbo timer shutdown thing a factory deal on the 12's? Mine does not have that feature or at least I am not aware of it.

·
Glad to Be Here
669 Posts
I didn't mention running the truck with the metal key. The key gets you back in - it only opens the door after you lock it...... That was the OP. The fobik needs to stay in the "switch" so the wim continues to allow the truck to run.

·
Registered
78 Posts
:doh:

I know the OP said that .

I was asking you or anyone else how the 2012 turbo cool down worked.

Sorry I had two separate questions in one post.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's odd on no turbo timer. My '12 has one. Settable from 5 minutes up. Have to leave the key fob in though. When it shuts off, the key is still in and the HVAC fan and stuff is still running since the fob is in the "run" postion. Have to remember to take out the "metal" key so we can get back in, but it does work if you are coming off the highway and need to run in somewhere quick. Just leave it and it shuts off by itself....
I have a'12 is the turbo timer an option in your EVIC?? Because it's not on mine.
However mines an st

·
Glad to Be Here
669 Posts
I have a'12 is the turbo timer an option in your EVIC?? Because it's not on mine.
However mines an st
It's there, you just have to have the dealer turn it on.......
depending on your dealer it can be a "no charge" option change......

·
Registered
125 Posts
I dont think I have that screen in my truck... lol
i guess next time im at my dealer i will inquire about this option.
how do you "use" it? do you simply put the truck in park get out and lock the doors?

·
Glad to Be Here
669 Posts
....how do you "use" it? do you simply put the truck in park get out and lock the doors?
Yep, pretty much. Just take the metal key with you so u can get back in.... Lock the doors while u are in it though, then open your door and push the lock down. The electric locks won't work with the key in, at least on ours.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey thanks for the info everyone.

Reactions: 2012 RAM 3500

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You all are right w/o the fob key u cant start the truck...My understanding of the fob was wrong, i thought it was the remote but infact it is the keys... I have both fob keys jus no remotes.... Ya w/o the owners manual i am a idiot... It is first on the list of things to do, thks yall

1 - 20 of 22 Posts