Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1322 Posts
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a current place we can converse on hyear.

So I got passed by a gold colored caddillac on the WK parkway between white mills and leitchfeild the other day. The license plate consisted of 2 numbers.

What is this?!!

·
Your Delightfully Ginger Kentucky President
3,758 Posts
I'm going with a vanity plate, which anybody can order for extra cost.

·
Diesel Pawr
688 Posts
Well it's gonna be a cold one tonight, looks like tomorrow will be the first good Cold start of the season. Got all my cold weather Maintenance done other than turning down my programmer; which is now like a 20 minute job rather than a 5 since I have to unplug my FASS and two fuses to change a tune.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it's gonna be a cold one tonight, looks like tomorrow will be the first good Cold start of the season. Got all my cold weather Maintenance done other than turning down my programmer; which is now like a 20 minute job rather than a 5 since I have to unplug my FASS and two fuses to change a tune.

Hooray! Can't wait to see how our little 3 cyl kubota diesel starts!! Guess I need to start plugging my ole girl up as well

·
Diesel Pawr
688 Posts
So I start it up this morning and turn the hi idle on. Walk to the front and see coolant drizzling from the passenger side of the engine. Turn hi idle off and let it idle for a minute and it turns to a very slow drip. Got it up to temp and it didn't seem to leak. So now I have another issue on my hands I guess. Going to do some more research when I get home. Any ideas off hand?

1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well guys I drove 2 hours and looked at an 05 Duramax today...

The last 2 I have test driven both had a ton of play in the steering and the brake pedals go down about an 1.5" before you can feel pressure!!

·
Premium Member
3,706 Posts
So I start it up this morning and turn the hi idle on. Walk to the front and see coolant drizzling from the passenger side of the engine. Turn hi idle off and let it idle for a minute and it turns to a very slow drip. Got it up to temp and it didn't seem to leak. So now I have another issue on my hands I guess. Going to do some more research when I get home. Any ideas off hand?

Sounds like a typical cold weather leak, I've seen it many times on semi's. In cold weather the metal fittings shrink allowing coolant to leak out between the hose and fitting, after the engine warms up the fitting expands and the leak stops until the next time it gets cold, Sometimes another half turn on the clamp will fix it, other times I've had to pull the hose off and clean the crud or rust off the fitting. Check around the heater hoses and any coolant lines and fitting located up high first, since you didn't notice a wet stop on the ground from it leaking while sitting, the extra force of the coolant being circulated is causing the leak leads me to believe the leaks located near the top of the engine.
I have seen a few head gsks cold weather leak but most times it was a hose fitting.

·
Premium Member
3,706 Posts
Well guys I drove 2 hours and looked at an 05 Duramax today...

The last 2 I have test driven both had a ton of play in the steering and the brake pedals go down about an 1.5" before you can feel pressure!!

Two hour drive to look at a Dmax! I'm afraid your slipping over to the Dark side my jeti friend. :hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
857 Posts

·
Diesel Pawr
688 Posts

·
Diesel Pawr
688 Posts
Sounds like a typical cold weather leak, I've seen it many times on semi's. In cold weather the metal fittings shrink allowing coolant to leak out between the hose and fitting, after the engine warms up the fitting expands and the leak stops until the next time it gets cold, Sometimes another half turn on the clamp will fix it, other times I've had to pull the hose off and clean the crud or rust off the fitting. Check around the heater hoses and any coolant lines and fitting located up high first, since you didn't notice a wet stop on the ground from it leaking while sitting, the extra force of the coolant being circulated is causing the leak leads me to believe the leaks located near the top of the engine.

I have seen a few head gsks cold weather leak but most times it was a hose fitting.

Hopefully this is the case. It didn't do it this morning or this afternoon when I left work. Will crawl under it and tighten and inspect any fittings I can tomorrow after work.

1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now my truck won't start. Voltage meter right at the minimum "good" reading. When I try to crank little red led light comes on to the bottom right of speedo

1 - 20 of 1322 Posts