Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I purchased a 2014 Ram 3500 that is listed in my sig and had it shipped straight from RAM to Kelderman MFG. in Oskaloosa, IA for their four corner, stock height, air ride.

First and foremost, I know that a picture is worth a thousand words (that's a good thing since I was stabbed in the hand years ago and don't type well ;)). The down side is that I have no idea how to upload any photos to this board (showing my age here).

With that being said, I flew out to Kelderman and drove my truck back home putting about 1,090 miles on it in the first trip.

The truck is flawless. :yourock:

I took the turnpike through Iowa, Chicago, Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania headed east. I never thought that I would say this but the Pennsylvania Turnpike had the smoothest roads :shock:. In Indiana the roads were so poor that I felt like I was off road. I drove 6.5 hours the first day from Kelderman to Goshen, Indiana and never stopped once. I also had a 98 gallon Transfer Flow fuel tank added to the bed. Although I don't recommend that travel length for your bladder, I felt like I could drive all day long. I toured the Keystone RV plant in Goshen and headed east for 7 more nonstop hours.

The air suspension feels and works like a large truck air ride suspension. Meaning that it's not smooth like a Cadillac, but no matter how big or small the bumps are the truck never hops around or tries to deviate from its intended path. You feel the bumps, but every one is absorbed in a smooth controlled fashion. There is no bucking, or kick in your back that a typical heavy spring suspension gives you.

I tow a 41ft RV 5th wheel trailer and that was why I decided to get the air ride. I wanted to maintain a level ride and keep things nice and smooth for long trips. My truck sits almost perfectly level although Kasey will tell you that there is a slight rake to the front built into the suspension. I have not towed with it yet.

To summarize: I could not be more pleased with the quality of the system, or the quality of the install. Everything looks and feels 100% OEM. I am a meticulous little [email protected]#$! so I would tell you If I had any problems or concerns about the product, or the install.

My hat goes off to Kelderman MFG and to Kasey for a job well done right here in America. :flag1: I could not be more pleased with this setup. When I arrived home, I never felt fatigued or like I needed to get out and walk around, instead I felt like I could get back in the truck and do it all over again.

This is one of those instances where you definitely get what you pay for.

Thank you Kelderman and Kasey!

PS: Hey Kasey, that guy still wants to buy you that cup of coffee ;)

Reactions: Randy C

·
Registered
175 Posts
I too am considering the Kelderman 4 corner air ride suspension. I am curious about this rake to the front...do they mean the front rides higher than the rear?

Also, what shocks are you running?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too am considering the Kelderman 4 corner air ride suspension. I am curious about this rake to the front...do they mean the front rides higher than the rear?

Also, what shocks are you running?
That means that the truck actually leans toward the front. SO the front suspension is one inch lower than the rear, but to your eye, the truck looks like it is level.

The rear shocks are stock. The fronts are Rancho adjustables.

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
If you set up a Photobucket account, it's pretty easy to get pics on here. I'm sure many (me included) would love to see the air ride. I debated about it myself but opted for the Carli stuff.

Assuming you took pics with a digital camera with an SD card, once you set up an account, pop the SD card into your computer, then you can use Photobucket to load the pics off the card. Then you get the image code and click on it, it'll copy the link, then right click/paste here, and it pops up. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you set up a Photobucket account, it's pretty easy to get pics on here. I'm sure many (me included) would love to see the air ride. I debated about it myself but opted for the Carli stuff.

Assuming you took pics with a digital camera with an SD card, once you set up an account, pop the SD card into your computer, then you can use Photobucket to load the pics off the card. Then you get the image code and click on it, it'll copy the link, then right click/paste here, and it pops up. Pretty cool.
I'll try to set up an account. I have a Nikon D60 so quality is really good, but file size is large due to quality. I may have to reach out to you if I can't get it to work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. I loaded a pic in photobucket. How do I get it to post on the board?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No go on getting the pic to show.

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
When you look at the thumbnails in your library (small pictures) there is a gear in the upper right corner. Click that, select links, then select the IMG code. Click it and it should copy (it'll turn yellow and say copied, at least it does on my Mac. Might have to highlight and right click, then Copy).

Then come here, right click, Paste. Post. Done. I always have CF in one window or tab, and Photobucket in another. Quick and easy to switch between.

If you're looking at the pic itself (full-size) then the links are on the right side. Same thing as before, copy link, paste it here.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Perfect. I'll shoot more pics and try to add them.

Reactions: irnwkrkev

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pictures

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Perfect! Those are the ones we wanted to see. Very nice, still happy with it?
I love it! I have had zero issues with it to date. I would do it all over again. No problem.

Thanks for teaching me how to load the photos!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now that I know how to add photos, just let me know if you guys want to see something in particular.

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts