Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
ok, got the dowell pin taken care of but the seal instructions say to use the pilot? included in the kit and all my kit had was a tab and bolt, driver, seal with a clear plastic peice and a tube of silicone and then it says to use the black dust cover on the front of the seal which i do not have. the truck is a 1996 i'm not sure if the parts do not apply to this model or are they just missing in the kit thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
well i'm just gonna go back together the same way it came off i cant find the old black dust cover must not of had one and not sure about the clear plastic circle thing.

Registered
Push the clear plastic circle thing into the seal before you put the cover on, it will expand the seal so the crank does not damage it. when the cover is on the plastic will be outside the seal , then remove it .

Registered
Leave the cover off and place loctite around the outside of the seal. Use the old seal placed on top of new seal to tap it in. Place the plastic piece in the seal with the bellmouth to the radiator side of the engine and then push on.

Registered
yeah--that black dust shield isn't included in the seal kit--when i did mine i was able to reuse the factory black dust shield--which goes on after the seal --aj

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
perfect, thanks guys.:thumbsup: ^^did not have a dust cover on the old one either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts