Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been giving this lots of thought to install a KC roof rack on my 2015 Ram 3500 crew cab, So I emailed KC wanting to find out what their static weight limits were for their roof rack.. this is the reply I received..
B54C4163-963F-4870-B16B-E073C928B5BA.png

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So does anyone have a KC roof rack, and what static weight limits have you hauled? Static weight is meaning how much weight the roof rack can safely hold while you are driving the truck. “I’m planning on using this for my kayak” so I need to be sure the anchor nuts can handle this

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Layton,
I’ve also been toying with the idea of the M rack on my mega cab but don’t want/need a light bar. So I’ve been putting a parts list together from ez awn and 8020.net using their aluminum extrusions (same crap on the m rack). In terms of weight capacity, a Jeep Wrangler has a fiberglass hard top and it has a dynamic (driving) capacity of 150lbs for reference. Static load capacity would mean at rest.

I do not think you’d have any issues at all running the m rack which is super light weight and a kayak or two.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Rhino make a heavy duty roof rack with a high static weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Trying to learn
7,346 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts