Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to find out about some truck pulls around the Manhattan/Junction area. I found Flint Hills Pullers Association but they are mostly south of Topeka. Is there any pulls around the Manhattan area or north?

Moving out there next month just trying to find some stuff to do. Thanks

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Been trying to find out about some truck pulls around the Manhattan/Junction area. I found Flint Hills Pullers Association but they are mostly south of Topeka. Is there any pulls around the Manhattan area or north?

Flint Hills is the only one that I know about... I think some of their pulls would be within 2 hours of Manhattan. Saffordville, Emporia, Cottonwood Falls and Lebo...

You might try Nebraska too...

·
Registered
508 Posts

There's nothing around JC/Manhattan. Riley may have a small group, but that's what I hear. The core population in the area for the most part has very little in the way of diesel trucks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That means not much competition for us right LOL. That sucks. I am just a ******* that likes ******* fun. Guess I might have to travel for that kind of fun. How about drag strips?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Heartland Park Topeka has test and tune nights on either Wednesday, or Thursday. Can't remember off hand.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Where are they doing it at in Edgerton? I know it's a small town, but I didn't know they had a place big enough to have a pull.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Where are they doing it at in Edgerton? I know it's a small town, but I didn't know they had a place big enough to have a pull.
Sorry I didn't back with you sooner... have been out of town obviously.

They pulled just south of the gas station right on 56... just a field with a track carved into it.

the NWMGTPA also pulled which was interesting but made for a long, long day... we got there around 1:20 and didn't leave until 7:03 and only hooked twice.

The next Flint Hills Pull is July 5th in Westphalia... that's in Anderson Co.

They're also pulling on July 6th in Lebo.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Bump this back up for those who are interested...

assuming the 'Pullin' Wool' truck doesn't break in Westphalia, I'll be headed to Lebo on Sunday the 6th.

·
Banned
915 Posts
Bump, I am looking for pulls from KC-Joplin, and say 1.5 hours east or west of the MO/KS border.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

·
Banned
915 Posts
I have pulled with flint hills, I don't meet their rules this year, they went with a 2.8 native. NWMTPA is a little too far for most of them.

·
Banned
915 Posts
Fort Scott KS is probably having one 8/1/08

·
Banned
915 Posts
which pulling group?? Rules??

are you running a bushed 2.8??
No pulling group, would just be a brush pull. I pulled with flint hills last year once when they allowed 2.8. I really didn't fit the class, Truck was really too hot for the other trucks they had.
2.8 bushed.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
No pulling group, would just be a brush pull. I pulled with flint hills last year once when they allowed 2.8. I really didn't fit the class, Truck was really too hot for the other trucks they had.
2.8 bushed.
it'd still be too hot... Flint Hills is really a beginners org for diesel pullers... go there, cut your teeth and then move on.

It's too bad that there aren't more groups in Kansas that pull. Here in Wichita, I don't know of a single pull except the Flint Hills pulls and those are all at least 90 miles away.

if you have anymore info on the Ft. Scott pull send it my way... I'll pass it on to my brother(in Louisburg)...

·
Banned
915 Posts
Both guys I have talked to said we can hook. Be there early as we will hook before the outlaws. He talked like he would like us to hook as they are only having 3 outlaw classes and would like more of a show.
Truck needs to be registered and street legal. What does your brother have for a truck by the way? I have pulled in Louisburg before.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Both guys I have talked to said we can hook. Be there early as we will hook before the outlaws. He talked like he would like us to hook as they are only having 3 outlaw classes and would like more of a show.
Truck needs to be registered and street legal. What does your brother have for a truck by the way? I have pulled in Louisburg before.

I'll pass that along... that's the same night that Flint Hills is pulling in Emporia.

My brother has a white 02. He owns Big Boy Toys Diesel Performance. He semi organizes the Louisburg pull... this year they're pulling on Aug 29 and will be using NWMTPA rules... there is a small thread about it on CompD.

I don't know if he pulled in Louisburg last year or not... he doesn't pull his truck anymore... one of his buddies has a 12 valve that he is building piece by piece.

·
Banned
915 Posts
He pulled there last year, white 02??
His name Sean??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts