Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi me and some of my college buddies have been toying with the idea of purchasing a biodiesel kit and converting all of our trucks over to this. Does anyone around Manhattan or near this area have a setup like this that we could take a look at? Also what does everyone recommend?

Go K-STATE!!!:woot:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Hi me and some of my college buddies have been toying with the idea of purchasing a biodiesel kit and converting all of our trucks over to this. Does anyone around Manhattan or near this area have a setup like this that we could take a look at? Also what does everyone recommend?

Go K-STATE!!!:woot:
After looking through lots of different high priced kits, reactors, bio-labs....I would still say the apple-seed processor is king. It does it properly and makes "neat" biodiesel that won't harm your engine if you follow the right steps. Best thing is that the plans are open source and you start with a water heater....new or used.

Biodiesel Appleseed Reactor Plans

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have heard that this method creates oil that is very corrosive. Is this a case of improper processing or what? I have "heard" of injector orfices that have been opened up horribly big by this in a matter of a few months.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I have heard that this method creates oil that is very corrosive. Is this a case of improper processing or what? I have "heard" of injector orfices that have been opened up horribly big by this in a matter of a few months.

What method?? The actual process of creating biodiesel?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I built my processor based on the applesead reactor plans that you have and personally I think those plans are garbage. I decided to scrap them and just use the basic idea.

Biodiesel is rather to easy for the most part, I have just finished my first batch and ran it in a diesel wood chipper and everything went great! Im running b100 in my truck, started today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts