Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was checking to see if dodge recalled the tie rod ends on my truck and I found yet another recall:

EMISSIONS RECALL K34
REPROGRAM ECM – EGR DIAGNOSTIC
Dear: (Name)
Chrysler has determined that some 2010 model year Ram 2500/3500 trucks equipped with a 6.7L diesel engine may require reprogramming of the Engine Control Module (ECM).
The problem is...
The ECM on your truck (VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) may have been built with a software error that prevents the EGR cooler bypass valve diagnostics from running after detecting a pending fault, disabling the deNOx without illuminating the MIL. This may cause the vehicle’s exhaust emissions to exceed the allowable limit for oxides of nitrogen.
What your dealer will do...
Chrysler will repair your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your dealer will reprogram your vehicle’s ECM. The work will take about ¾ hour to complete. However, additional time may be necessary depending on service schedules.
What you must do...
Simply contact your dealer right away to schedule a service appointment.
If you need help...
If you have questions or concerns which your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact Chrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
California residents…
The State of California requires the completion of emission recall repairs prior to vehicle registration renewal. Your dealer will provide you with a Vehicle Emission Recall Proof of Correction Form after the recall service is performed. Be sure to save this form since the California Department of Motor Vehicles may require that you supply it as proof that the recall has been performed.
Please help us update our records by filling out the attached prepaid postcard, if any of the conditions listed on the card apply to you or your vehicle. You may also update this information on the web at CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
If you have already experienced this condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may send your original receipts and/or other adequate proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement: Chrysler Recall Customer Assistance, P.O. Box 21-8007, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007, Attention: Reimbursement.
In order to ensure your full protection under the emission warranty provisions, it is recommended that you have your vehicle serviced as soon as possible. Failure to do so could legally be determined to be a lack of proper maintenance of your vehicle. Further, without this repair, your vehicle may fail a state or local emission inspection test.
We are sorry for any inconvenience but trust that you understand our interest in clean air. Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Customer Services Field Operations
Chrysler Group LLC
Notification Code K34

Now after reading this, I got curious. Without the NOx catalyst running, are we getting better fuel economy? Apparently there is no damage happening if I leave it the way it is. Any insight?:coverup:

·
Registered
832 Posts
That's interesting. I guess since mine is deleted and all I just won't worry about this.

I also wonder if you could be getting better mileage. I would think that the difference is so small that it wouldn't really affect anything. Who knows? :confused013:

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
just pull the trigger and do the deletes.....

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have the recall too. I wish I could delete my warranty, just gotta convince my dad, who graciously pays my auto insurance =/

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the recall too. I wish I could delete my warranty, just gotta convince my dad, who graciously pays my auto insurance =/
Got the recall done. Made the engine a bit quieter and added 2mpg boost. Worth it!:party018: I was shocked so I asked the mechanic and he said it had something to do with preassure and he lost me from there lol:confused013:

Reactions: antcap3

·
Tech support junkie
4,938 Posts
Man i better hurry up and get this recal done.................

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
yeah, me too.

Let me think 2 mpg for recall or the 4.5 i picked up from deletes + not pumping exhaust into the motor or jacking up my turbo :confused013:

think i made the right decision

·
Registered
356 Posts
I bought my 2010 used last week, where can I check to see if mine is covered in the recall?

Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
is this just for autos or something? i typed in my vin and all that came up was the k33 for the ps reservoir cap.

·
Registered
159 Posts
is this just for autos or something? i typed in my vin and all that came up was the k33 for the ps reservoir cap.
I don't know but I got mine and I've got an auto :confused013:

·
Registered
319 Posts
can someone with the recall post a link to download the pdf for the recall.
thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Reactions: Mopared

·
Registered
412 Posts
I just got the k34 recall done. I usually avg, 13.7-15.7 on the highway, and I couldnt figure it out. Well I was talkng to the tech, and we got to talkign to rear ends, which reminded me to ask what mine was. Turns out I have 4.10 ratio, on a 2500. Ouch.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also got an auto

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just had the k34 done this am and truck seems to shift better now(?) (weird). Not sure if MPG's are better but as long as they aren't worse I don't mind. My truck is also an auto trans.

·
Registered
356 Posts
My rig is in the shop for this and an oil change. I'll keep an eye on the milage and let ya know what come of it!!!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yah. I hope it isn't a bad thing but the first three gears seem to shift sooner and smoother and I guess this is why my fuel economy went up ~2mpg. NO complaints here!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts