Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the K2 towing mirrors? I see they have them for 2013's now with the temp sensor. I had a set bought but USPS dropped the ball on shipping and lost it and got sent to a recory center in Atlanta and not sure if the seller can even get them back. I was thinking of getting the K2's instead.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
656 Posts
Can you post a link to them?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I'd be worried about vibration since that has been an issue in the past.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
well that is kinda holding me back on them, but i wonder if theyre reinforcement bracket would work with rams bracket to keep them from vibrating

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the set i had bought were oem so go figure

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought these for my previous truck - Silverado 3500

Good mirrors for the price, everything worked good. Had no trouble with vibration and were a huge improvement over the stockers.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does anyone know if you have to change out the door modules with the aftermarket tow mirrors?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I'm also curious if these are plug and play or not..

Jason

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am also curious about these. If they are a plug in play that would be great!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i asked the seller if the door modules would need to be switched out and the answer was no, just replace mirrors. the door switches should work fine. do the door modules control the blinking aspect of it? if i get a set i want to do the running light mod.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
guess i will try it and see, i just bought a set off ebay, just wondering if i need to order the modules to be on the safe side

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I believe the newer tow mirrors have the temp sensor built in so you would need the door modules and a reflash of the BCM.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe the newer tow mirrors have the temp sensor built in so you would need the door modules and a reflash of the BCM.

i've got a 13 so i have temp sensors already. just don't have the blinkers, i know that would have to be flashed, is that what the modules control?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got my mirrors in today. they look very good and are of oem quality. ordered on the 2nd and got here right before lunch today.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Let us know how they fit/ work. I am interested in these but would like to know if they are worth it or not.

Thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dang that was quick.... how do they look?

they look really good, very good finish to them. i will keep everyone posted as to how they fit/work. i am waiting on the door modules right now they should be here the 11th. i got them just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Automotive exterior Technology Gadget Photography Bumper Hardwood
heres a few pics of the mirrors

Reactions: SATX_CUMMINS

·
Registered
421 Posts
Whats the differences between those and the factory ones so similar to me. Personally im a power vision mirrors fan.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts