Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a new air intake...which one do you guys like better, K&N or Volant

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
k&n is junk and volant is good but expensive, s&b is the best and cheap WOOTTTTT

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so s&b is the way to go huh? What do you recommend for a programing chip

·
Registered
838 Posts
i've heard good things about icebox. i run an AFE

·
Registered
838 Posts
no complaints here. reasonbly priced, and at the time it was the only one i could find for the 6.7.... i may have went with the ice box if it'd been out

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why is the ice box better? (in your opinion)

·
Registered
838 Posts
not haveing running one, i can't give you a great reason, i'v just seen lots of good stuff on them on here. search for it and read up. but stay away from K&N, one of the worst filters out there. i'm sure more people will chime in about the cold air intakes here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I take it yo have a 97?

I am really happy with my BHAF. Gained 2 mpg and it cost me 50 bucks

·
Registered
1 Posts
need help

I am in the process of purchasing a new 2008 6.7 diesel. I would appreciate some direction on air cleaners adn programmers so that I can opimize my fuel milage JP

·
Registered
838 Posts
well, you won't see much mileage gain untill you dump your dpf. that's step one to mileage. work from there.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I got a K&N intake and filter. 2 weeks later I put an Amsoil filter on. It is dry with 2 micron filtration. I'd go with the Icebox w/Amsoil filter. :thumbsup

·
Registered
53 Posts
I love my Icebox! Of course, this is my first Cummins, so I only have the stock intake to compare it to, but it was a very simple install (even a girl can do it under 30 minutes! and that was taking my time..) I love the fact that the Amsoil filter is dry, cause I hate oiling filters! Sounds better, breathes better, quicker take off, only problem I found was that I liked it so much when I first installed it, that my mileage dropped! But Ive slowed back down, and back to normal fuel mileage.

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
I just put a Volant with a scoop on my 06 3500....I love it...its a dry filter setup and fully inclosed box and the scoop comes out down at the fog light. My turbo whistles so LOUD....I can almost hear it over the straight pipe. I have not a 1 complaint about a Volant Intakes. My dad runs S&B on his....good intake, but that oil filter is for the birds

·
Registered
317 Posts
I would suggest a Amsoil filter on whatever you end up with. I like my volant a lot, but I got a deal I couldn't pass up. If I were to do it again I would go with the IceBox. They are made with some amazing quality and very friendly guy who runs it.

Zach

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
i run a K&N intake, gets me into the 11's so far..eveyone says K&N is bad... i just dont clean it as often. they filter better when a little used... and has plenty of volume, like i said, to get me in the 11's...cant be too bad.

Then again i have never used anything else yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts