Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone heard this?? I had a guy at work today that has an 08 with the 6.7 and said he got a notice in the mail from Dodge that stated if you use a K&N Air Filter in your truck it would void your warranty, in other words if you were to take your truck in to the dealer for survice and thay noticed the K&N it would void the warranty:confused013:Sounds like BS to me but not sure:confused013:

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts
I think he's yankin your chain...

People have said that kinda crap from the beginning...It hasn't stopped any of us...

And no matter what they do, it won't stop me!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
an aftermarket air filter will not void your warranty.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If it is just the drop in filter, then they can not void your warranty. A CAI by K & N maybe, but they would have to prove that that part is the reason for the malfunction or failure of part under warranty.

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,

Didn't stop me either, but did make me think a little, enough to come home and start this tread:lol4::lol4:

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts
Yep...use an AFE...I love mine!

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts
Thanks,

Didn't stop me either, but did make me think a little, enough to come home and start this tread:lol4::lol4:
Hey Roo...fill out your signature, if you don't mind...

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Let me put it this way... if the dealer determines that the cause of your engine meltdown is that a lot of dirt got past your airfilter and then they open your stock box and find a k+n, you are going to be paying for one of two things... a new engine, or a lawyer who may or may not get you a new engine. Worst case scenario you pay for both!

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts
Which filter would you recomend?
AFE Mega-Cannon II with Pro-Guard 7

That's what I have...and I LOVE it!

I can actually hear my turbo now! And it seems to be running a good bit better, as well.

Plus, it flows the most air available...and if you are planning on doing heavy mods...It will be infinitely capable...So, you won't have ANY airflow restrictions...know what I mean?

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Banned
5,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Dumb question, how do i go about doing that?
Hit the UserCP button. That will bring up your control panel and you can fill out your sig.

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
Click on user cp and look on the left.

AFE is a great intake system.

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts
Dumb question, how do i go about doing that?
Look towards the top of your page where it says "UserCP".

Click on that.

Then look on the left side of your page and it will say "Edit Signature"...Click on that.

Then type in whatever info you want...

Then click "Save"

and Viola! You're done!

LOL

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think that may have gotton it..Thanks:thumbsup:

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts