Cummins Diesel Forum banner

jvd torque enhancer?

5K views 48 replies 11 participants last post by  blazier19 
#1 ·
watched a video on youtube of a cummins and in his mod list it said jvd torque enhancer? anybody know what this is? I looked around couldn't find it.

#4 ·
I have heard of them before, but same thing, couldn't find much info.

#5 ·
I think it replaces the stock flux capacitor and gives better time travel performance...Lol

In all seriousness though, never heard of it so I would guess it is either too expensive to really be worth it, it doesn't really do much or it is brand new and just coming to market. My guess is the first one.

#6 · (Edited)
Lmao..... Easy to tell who is new to this by the responses. Jvd torque enhanced were really nice boxes that offered about 100 hp or more gain on a stock truck. Popular in the early 2000s when diesel performance had more pawpaws and less flat bills.

There haven't been any made in a while but if you can find a working one I wouldn't hesitate to run it. Haisley Machine sold them

#7 ·
my next question since seeing that chart (thank you for that) he was running a jvd torque enhancer and a edge comp box together. well if a jvd is the same thing as my edge ez can I not run my edge ez and the edge comp box together like he did?

#8 ·
also sending it to edge and upgrading to drag comp since everybody says its well worth it and a lot more aggressive and a slight 30-40 hp gain over the regular comp box

#10 ·
fuel and timing jvd
fuel and timing edge ez. I know not to stack a timing and fuel box on a timing and fuel box but he said he ran both so I wasn't sure if he hooked them up for both to run fuel and one to run timing.

#12 ·
The jvd doesn't actually add timing.

And fwiw just because two thing say "fuel and timing" doesn't make them identical .

Also you can't stack a EZ with a edge juice or comp.

I'd suggest looking in the stickys for "performance electronics hp ratings" and "chip stacking? Look here"

#13 ·
can you explain how to get to the stickys for that. never tried to look there and id like to find one other then a 650$ smarty to stack on my edge drag

#16 ·
im a 12v guy. this is my first 24v I seen dyno sheets boys running 150s edge comp and a 62/65/14 hitting 363hp? I just want a little extra on top of my edge but not a smarty lol

#17 ·
would there be a big differenc ewith a tst pm3 competition stacked with a ts mvp other than just a edge drag comp (with running 150hp sticks)

#18 ·
Since you already have a good wiretap and timing box get that "little extra on top" from someplace else

And yes the tst comp and ts wo0uld likely be better, but you already have a pretty good box. For your goals I would look for hp elsewhere besides purely tuning.

#20 ·
I would wager a guess that you would be pretty close to your 500 hp goal with 150s turbo to match and the comp.

Assuming your supporting mods are taken care of.

If I was you I would do sticks and air then dyno and go from there if oyu aren't at your goal

#25 ·
I have a redline, saving it for another project, I also have several older edge products, sadly not for cummins. Lol

The JVD looks interesting, might keep my eyes open for one.

#31 ·
the way I understand it is both. but the guy who owns it said you cant hardly find one anymore. he stacked his for jvd fuel and used the edge for timing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.