Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just ordered a h and s xrt tuner
and the dpf delete pipe and im thinking about taking out the mufler and hollowing out the cat what should i expect?

·
Registered
279 Posts
a great sounding truck and plenty of smoke:thumbsup:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Your truck will definitely get some more "pop" to it under acceleration. I just did mine today with the Edge Juice W/A system and it was immediately noticeable upon entering the freeway this evening. I'd suggest cleaning your MAP sensor when you do the project, i'm pulling mine to clean tomorrow.

Aside from that, MPG's should increase for sure. A local guy here with the XRT that did the deletes said he went from 13 MPG to 17 MPG around town.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My fear is that I just got this truck and it has 14 thoasand miles on it and I don't wanna start having problems and my brother has a 5.9 and constantly talks down on the 6.7 and says if I do this my truck will slowly go to crap

·
Registered
279 Posts
look man do the deletes dpf, cat, muff, egr,though a intake on it. and race him. you wont have that many problems if you get that crap off your truck. i took mine off last weekend and i have 3200 miles in it and you should have seen all the crap that cam out. no it screams down the road

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya he has the full edge/ juice system and I already have an intake but I guess I'll go ahead and do it I was wondering how does the engine break sound with the exaust And what's an egr delete
(sorry i've been driving a chevy gas truck and just got a cummins yesterday and don't know a h

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have 7k miles on my truck and just did the deletes. If I wasn't fully confident it was in the best interest of the health of a $6000.00 engine, I wouldn't of even considered it.

The EGR is part of a system where exhaust gas is re-circ'd through the system to get re-burnt as part of the new emissions BS. Ultimately it gunk's the engine up more from what people have seen and just unplugging it has yielded up to 2 more MPG for some. Doing the deletes, which you can get a kit from multiple vendors on this site, basically removes the entire system.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya the guy showed me what was coming out and being replaced and it was two huge cat looking things and I was like wow no wonder everyone is taking this crap out

·
Registered
279 Posts
yeah and it wieghs a ton so it is a wieght reduction too

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But I'll gain some sound some power and some mpg what about that non street leagal crap

·
Registered
630 Posts
They say that because it is removing an emissions part. That way if you are popped by Johnny Law Whoever, the company can say it was designed for "off-road use only" and therefore is not their fault. That's about the sum of it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
well the chances that the cop really knows what a dpf is is slim to crap. my friend is on truck squad for dmv in CT and he says that he has never even heard of a dpf or even Bluetec.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
You will be very happy with your truck after the deletes and you add the programer. Its like driving awhole new truck. And your truck will love you because it will have nice fresh air :)

I did mine at 4000 miles, i now have like 26,000 of pretty hard miles and i have had 0 problems.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I really have nothing to worry about as long as I don't leave the chip turned up and rag on it
do I need any aftermarket gauges

·
Regen? What's That??
1,057 Posts
I took mine out at 13,000 miles, and now have 37,000 on it... no issues.

Ran with the EGR Crossover Plugged/EGR Motor Unplugged for about 22,000 miles, with zero issues (except for a EGR cooler gasket leak)

Now 1,000 miles ago I added a black maxx, and completely deleted the EGR system, and installed the wastegate... truck has never seemed happier.

In fact it smokes far less with the Black Max than it did with the Edge....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys I really apreciate it
do I need aftermarket gauges and anything else I need to no?

·
Regen? What's That??
1,057 Posts
Thanks guys I really apreciate it
do I need aftermarket gauges and anything else I need to no?

I would get at least - Boost, and EGT gauges, and if you tow... Trans Temp.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So warranty is gone if I do this
what is dodges warranty anyways

·
Registered
358 Posts
i just got the black max last friday and im in love all over again i had the dpf deleted for a while not as loud as a 5.9 but sure smoke one black max has all the gauges you need.

·
Regen? What's That??
1,057 Posts
i just got the black max last friday and im in love all over again i had the dpf deleted for a while not as loud as a 5.9 but sure smoke one black max has all the gauges you need.
He ordered an XRT not a BM.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts