Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went and dropped my 05 of at my shop and grabbed my 6.7 yesterday. well driving home in the 6.7 i was using cruise control and went to accelerate using the cruise. needless to say it didn't accelerate like my 05 at all. at that point i realized how spoiled my Smarty has made me!!! anyone else have an experience like this?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I imagine most guys are like me and feel pretty lucky just to have one of these trucks :D Maybe one of these days you can wake up the 6.7 with a smarty.. It sure has been a long time coming..

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean, I took my Smarty off and took it to the dealer for repairs(warranty) and that thing was a slug bad could not wait to get the Smarty back on it:woot:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I raced a kid in a mid 90's Taurus SHO (I know there not that fast) using my cruise the other day, I was cruising down the hwy at 65 and I seen him coming up in my mirror so I hit the acc button and pulled on him, my buddy was :rof so hard, the look on the kids face was sweet, he couldn't believe a 3/4 diesel just smoked him.

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I raced a kid in a mid 90's Taurus SHO (I know there not that fast) using my cruise the other day, I was cruising down the hwy at 65 and I seen him coming up in my mirror so I hit the acc button and pulled on him, my buddy was :rof so hard, the look on the kids face was sweet, he couldn't believe a 3/4 diesel just smoked him.
yeah i know what you mean i have done that a few times with my 05. its great!!!! i can actually get some good smoke out of mine with cruise control!!!:peelout

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Well it is not a smarty but I drove my gf's Mercury Mariner with the four cylinder down to Maryland this past weekend....nothing like driving a car with 1/4 the torque of what I am used to driving:thud: But the 25mpg was pretty nice:hyper:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts