Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my H&S DPF Delete kit yesterday and installed it in the driveway. It took me about 2 hours, and I'm no mechanic. It's pretty simple. The kit I got replaced the dpf and the catalytic converter (it did not include the down pipe from the turbo). The only problem I had was getting the whole section out from the muffler clamp. It was tight. I ended up using one of those cheap walmart ratchet tie-downs to loop around the bolt on front section, hooked the other end to the front of my frame and ratcheted it out. I do throw a CEL for something about too little dpf pressure, but my Edge resets it. It's a little bit louder, though not much at all, and occasionally puts out a little smoke, but again, not much at all. I'm burning B100 bio diesel in it, so that may account for not much noise increase. Since installing, NO regens!

Grey

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've heard that unless you replace the stock downpipe which has a CAT in it, it won't get much louder. It is supposedly very restrictive. Were you running B100 prior to the dpf delete?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been running mostly b100 (sometimes b50 or b80 when it was colder) for about 10,000 miles. Not a single problem.

Grey

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I've been running mostly b100 (sometimes b50 or b80 when it was colder) for about 10,000 miles. Not a single problem.

Grey
Please give us mileage report for before and after.:thumbsup

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can and will give you what the overhead mileage reports, even though most agree it's not accurate, but I can't give you actual calculated mileage because I never fill up from a pump that counts the gallons. I use my transfer pump. My overhead before the dpf delete was about 14 in the city and 16 on the highway. I'll update this after my trip to LA this weekend.

Grey

·
Registered
227 Posts
Installed my [email protected] DPF delete at 25,000 miles.

For the last 5,000 miles my truck has averaged 16.1 mpg US. at an average speed of 29.3 mph.
For the 5,000 miles prior to the DPF delete the truck averaged 12.8 mpg US. at an average speed of 25.2 mph.
All of the above miles were driven on winter diesel and the same type of driving.
My dpf delete also included the down pipe.
Present mpg is almost identical to my 2004.5 6 speed standard with the same dog box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts